The Charms Of Thai Women Never Fail...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yingluk seems to be taking a fair bit of criticism from Thai posters over her behaviour in the photos in the Serithai link (too unlady-like etc). One poster also noted the Daily mail readers' comments on the article in the OP, looking down on Thai women.

Another poster quipped he thought she was going to invite Obama back to her hotel room for further discussions.

Seems quite harmless to me though.

http://webboard.seri...หà¸à¸´à¸‡à¸¡à¸²à¸à¸²à¸à¸¢à¸´à¹ˆà¸‡à¸¥/

http://www.posttoday...บามา-ยิ่งลัà¸à¸©à¸“์

Yeah, and that criticism is typical Thai hypocritical bullshit...she's acting EXACTLY the way Thai women REALLY act...very flirty...and this is exactly what we all (I assume!) love about Thailand...it's also exactly why there is such a huge sex industry in Thailand (well, one reason), AND exactly why there is so much "grey area" in the Thai sex industry where foreign customers are concerned (e.g. falling in love with sex workers, blurring the line between sex worker/client relationship and boyfriend/girlfriend). None of these things just appear out of nowhere. But as usual, this type of thing (the outgoing and flirty nature of virtually all Thai women under the age of 50) is something the Thais will never admit to.

If there were a female head of state in Cambodia, or Laos, or even China, this type of public behavior with the visiting US president would NEVER happen (and yes, I too agree it is quite harmless)...it's a very Thai thing. Thai women have a confidence and extroversion that the women of no other Asian culture share. Like I said...it's why we love Thailand so much.

If there were a female head of state in Cambodia, or Laos, or even China, this type of public behavior with the visiting US president would NEVER happen (and yes, I too agree it is quite harmless)...it's a very Thai thing. Thai women have a confidence and extroversion that the women of no other Asian culture share. Like I said...it's why we love Thailand so much.

I fully agree. Especially a ruling Japanese women wouldn't show any emotion at all. Or just compare Yingluk with Aung San Suu Kyi. Aung S. shurely didn't flirt with Obama at all.

Actually I'd go further, its a sign how emancipated women are here.

many women enjoy the top spots in leading Thai companies, earned on merit.

As there seems to be little over sexism, and Thailand rates very high on the charts for this in the world, women don't see barriers and can "act" natural without people taking it the wrong way.

It's something Thailand does well, very little sex related bigotry, from acceptance of Gay and transgender people to women.

Because of that I have often been in "business" meetings, and women have been the ones to makes a "sexist" jike just for the fun of the humour.

Unheard of in Australia etc.

...if it wasn't for the Chinese in Thailand and Malaysia, both countries where I actively do business, the "natives" would be sitting

on their hands, living in caves! IMO!!!

If you need something done, in Malaysia in a timely manner, you contact a Malay-Chinese run company!

Same-same in Thailand, IME.

Archived