Another Beer Question

aircrest

If you're speaking about beer in general....not just Thai beer....EKU 28 has the highest alcohol content at 14%. Warms the pipes going down. (As listed in the Guiness book a few years back)

I have seen other posts on this board stating that Khun Chang should be as much as 7 or 8% Is this a fact?

In my taste Singha is stronger than Chang, but I could be mistaken.

Would be nice to see a post with the different Thai brewed beers and their actual alcohol content.

Best regards,

Danish30

Chang export is 6.4% but alledgely regular chang won its gold medal in Australia in the section for beers with no set strength and is rumored to be anywhere between 5-8% but this does sound a bit suspect but I like the idea of playing russian roulette beer drinkin.i would agree with singa gold being the weakest at 5%.The singha mob have just knocked out another brand called "thai beer"(6.5%)which I only tried as its cheaper than Chang in the jet sip-et....anyone tried this yet?

I'm suprised someones mentioned lao kao having a set strength,it dosnt say anything on the bottle.

Good info Straycat. I sure thought Singha was stronger than Chang. The Chang bottles doesn't say anything about alcohol content. Maybe I was fooled by always adding ice to the beer. I think the strongest beer I have ever tasted was 12% (Master Brew by Carlsberg) and it tasted really awfull.

Best regards,

Danish30

There's a beer in Kazakhstan thats 12.5 % and that tastes pretty good. For the life of me i can't remember the name as i was totally pissed smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif ones got a blue label and the other red. One's stronger than the other but totally mind blowing , but not as much as the homebrew vodka. crazy.gif

Archived