Might Have To Rethink Those Prank Calls ....

gobbledonk

True, but the media reports portraying the DJs as sensitive victims are crap, they do this at their peril, and this time they f**ked up.

If I were to make commercial gain and risible humor from someone else's misfortune I would expect to be vilified !

I think here everything is automated.

If you know the room number you just press a key on phone.

And you are there.

For special folks I would imagine that there should have been some protocol.

This is not the first time the 'royals' have been to hospital.

From my view, the hoksters are the ones to blame if blame is to go around.

No one likes a wise guy ! :nono:

Making crank calls to a person recovering in hospital was never a good idea. The DJs should have been fired just for doing that stunt.

It's the bread-and-butter of drive-time radio here in Oz, and usually fairly harmless. They were supposed to get permission from the hospital to broadcast the pre-recorded call : the station is claiming they tried 5 times to do so and the hospital is claiming that is BS. In any case, they should not have gone ahead without permission, IMO.

With the exception of the tragic outcome, the whole thing pales in comparison to the antics of one of their highest paid 'shock jocks', a total douche named Kyle Sandilands. He has repeatedly disgraced himself on air, but is still being paid megabucks by the same organisation responsible for the prank call.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Sandilands

On 29 July 2009, Sandilands and co-host, Henderson, were leading a segment on their regular 2Day FM morning show in which a 14 year old girl was strapped to a lie detector while the child's mother, Sandilands and Henderson questioned her, including questions about her prior experience with sex and drugs. Sandilands was participating in the radio show from New Zealand via hookup.[33] Before questioning started Jackie Henderson had propositioned to the mother "What’s your worst fear? Is it the sex?".[34]

The girl started by saying, "I'm scared. It's not fair". Sandilands said, "She is scared everyone. Yeah."[28] The segment went astray when the girl revealed she had been raped at the age of 12. The girl had been asked by her mother if she had any sexual experience. After a long pause, Sandilands then clarified "Right ... is that the only experience you've had?"[35][36]

CNN) -- "The Australian radio station which made a prank call to a UK hospital that apparently resulted in the death of a nurse said Tuesday that it would donate at least 500,000 Australian dollars (US$524,000) to a fund for the nurse's family."

LINK

Archived