Are Thais Childish?

khunsanuk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon the childishness is why they don't mind sleeping at any time - even through important events, that could have been of benefit to them, the nap has priority, seemingly above family, children, dogs, buffaloes and even (gasp) husbands...

Good on you! but that is coming from another frang that refuses to put up with this type of crap, Thai or non-Thai, my house is not a hotel! my house, my rules...there's the door if you don't like it!!

I questioned a Thai once about such behavior and if a Thai would "disown" someone in the family...never! once a family member, always a family member, just ignore the behavior, TIT.

Will be interesting if he goes into the military. I would put $$$ that he doesn't :dunno:

I don't know if he intends on joining the Army guard or the Army. He originally talked with the Army guard, since one of his friends signed up in the last 6 months. I don't think he knows what basic training is like. I guess, like Flash said, it isn't like it was 20 years ago. He will have problems with English (with people understanding him) and with reading and writing English. I've told him for 4 years that his English courses were his most important courses, if he intended on staying in the U.S. for the rest of his life. Of course, he didn't listen. It is basically a hotel here, with him not expected to do anything himself. I did insist that he cut the grass but he refused to cut it in back, where the dog takes care of business, so I cut it myself. You would think, with this semester possibly being his last if he passed all of his courses, he would put effort to at least get "D"'s. This weekend is typical. He stays away from home since Wednesday, because I told him in a week there would be a meeting at school to decide if he would be forced to transfer to the High school nearest to our home (he goes to one a little further away that offers English as a second language) or he would be able to decide where he would go next semester. I told him if he chose to go back to the same High school, with his "friends," he would not be living at home as of January 2. Obviously, he needed the comfort of his friends, so he stayed out until last night (Saturday). He has played video games for the last 24 hours, even though this is the last week of the fall semester and he has a chance with decent grades from his final exams to get several of his six "F"'s up to "D"'s. I am looking forward to the meeting on Wednesday and seeing if I can force him to go to a different High School for his last semester, whether he graduates or not. My guess is he will tell me that there is no way he will go to the other High school. I will then wish him well in his future endeavors and officially set January 2 as the date he will leave, or start charging him a monthly rent. My guess is he wouldn't last very long in either the Army or guard, once he finds out it is not all about handling guns and hanging out with other like minded young men of around the same age.

I reckon the childishness is why they don't mind sleeping at any time - even through important events, that could have been of benefit to them, the nap has priority, seemingly above family, children, dogs, buffaloes and even (gasp) husbands...

Tell me about 'marital bliss', coss :neener:

Never married, never will. Saw what it did to my parents, and my step-father. How many women do you know can bury 3 men and not do so much as a year in jail ? :yikes:

Archived