Explosions Reported At Boston Marathon Finish Line

TheCorinthian

Miriam Elder writes from Moscow:

<< According to his account on the Russian social networking site Vkontakte, Tsarnaev graduated from a Massachusetts high school in 2011, and attended School No. 1 in Makhachkala, the capital of Dagestan, from 1999 to 2001.

He appears to have been a good student, having received a a $2,500 scholarship from the city of Cambridge in 2011 to pursue college. He was also named a wrestling all-star at his high school the same year.

On his VKontakte page (Russia's Facebook), Tsarnaev says he considers “career and money†most important in life. As his worldview, he wrote: “Islamâ€.

The page says Tsarnaev speaks English, Russian and Chechen, and belongs to a number of groups devoted to Chechnya. Dagestan, a republic neighbouring Chechnya, maintains a small Chechen minority.

Tsarnaev was born on 22 July 1993, just before a fierce battle for independence broke out in the republic of Chechnya, attempting to secede from Russia in the wake of the Soviet Union's collapse. Over time, the independence movement grew increasingly Islamist in character. Largely quashed by Moscow, a low-level insurgency persists in Chechnya and has leaked into neighbouring Dagestan.

On VKontakte, Tsarnaev follows several pages devoted to Islam. He also lists one of his favorite songs as Hey Sexy Ladyâ€by Shaggy. >>

An acquaintance from high school told Sarah Mahmood that Tsarnaev appeared to be a “very relaxed†person, in contrast to his brother. The acquaintance said Tamerlan Tsarnaev had "said things that made him seem anti-American", once saying Thanksgiving was haraam (forbidden).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/19/boston-mit-police-dead-watertown

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you George Bush.

Billions of tax dollars – totally unaccounted for.

No one knows.

Ratheon Haliburton Boeing

All GW friends and buddies of Dick Cheney.

http://youtu.be/sTSjg6IGR8I

I've been saying on here or years that the America many of us think we live in no longer exists. Possibly never was since the FBI was established.

We have to assume EVERYTHING we post on here is not only 'known' in the sense that its catelogued somewhere in some part of Echelon or where ever but who we are specifically is known. I'm not hard to find anyway. My main fear is becoming someone they have more than a fleeting interest in. I recall once coming back from LOS, I was briefly detained the airport. They had to re-check my ticket and passport and I glanced on this paper the person had and I saw one of my brother's name! This one is low key, a bit of a right winger but not a rabble rouser in any sense of the word. A boring life by comparison to some. Hasn't left his state much less the country in years. I wanted to ask 'what the hell is my brother's name doing on this paper?' Scared the f*ck out of me frankly and I asked him about it. He chuckled about it. I guess he felt he doesn't do anything or maybe his conspiracy nut brother is seeing 'men in black helicopters and SUVs'

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/19/17823265-its-over-boston-bombing-suspect-captured-alive-police-say?lite

Just saw that the other suspect was caught. I have to believe many more people were involved. I just don't see it as the plan of a two nuts. Not with the planning, logistics, the materials, etc. Don't see it but you never know.

I recall one of the biggest fears of the government after 911 was that the Balkans and Russia have a lot of blonde haired, blue eyed muslims who would physically go unnoticed in America. Their other big fear were that american Blacks who converted to Islam would also participate and go 'unnoticed' as well. As far as I know the latter hasn't been an issue.

Just listened to last news conference.

According to the authorities they fired over 200 rounds at the suspect last night. 200 rounds !! And they didn't knock him down???

Time for some marksmenship training.

MIRANDA RIGHTS.

The kid is a US citizen.

One newsperson asked about MIranda rights.

Nope. Don't have to give no stinkin' rights.

There is an EXCEPTION in the law.

Police have a tendency not to worry about Miranda Rights when dealing with a cop killer and attempted mass murderer... especially when he is wearing a suicide vest. They can read him his rights after they shoot him or he blows himself up.

Figures ...

"Tamerlan Tsarnaev was a student at Bunker Hill Community College and a Golden Gloves boxer who trained at Wai Kru mixed martial arts gym in Boston and competed in a national Golden Gloves competition. The Wai Kru gym could not be reached for comment."

http://dailycaller.c...s-muslim-boxer/

I see in the news the mum and dad reckon the suspects were "set up". Looking at the photos, I could give the younger of the two the benefit of doubt, but the older one looks like he would chew the cartilage off your ankle...

Archived