baa99

Oil Refineries

1 Jamnagar India 1,240,000 Barrels per Day

2 SK Energy Ulsan Korea 1,120,000 BPD

3 Parauguana Refinery Venuzueal 940,000 BPD

4 GS Caltex Yeosu Korea 730,000 BPD

5 Exxon Mobil SIngapore 605,000 BPD

Not quite the largest global refinery but nice try

Other than stalking me and going out of your way, you are demonstrating reading comprehension problem.

Google told you it is 1 refinery, Exxon, with that capacity and, just to show off, you have made fun of yourself.

Google harder, add up the capacity, and you will see Singapore does 1.395 million barrels a day.

For the record I have worked at each of them.

I wonder if any skills are needed for that. Or just walk off the street?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, so every academically gifted student who wants to study their chosen course in Singapore will get a place in one of the local universities ? You're insulting the Singaporean students who come to Oz and work their guts out to get a degree, knowing full well how competitive it will be to get a job when they get off the plane back on their little island. I worked at a university, and I agree that many of the overseas students are more interested in getting residency (shame the govt keeps moving those goalposts !), but the Singaporeans I studied alongside were nothing short of fanatical. OK, so they might not grasp that you dont go to the library to chat with your mates for 3 hours (motherf....), but they were more than happy to spend hours studying each night while the rest of us got hammered. If I was going to nominate any group as lazy and ill-disciplined, it would be the 'straight from school, I know everything' Aussie brigade, many of whom didnt make it beyond the first semester.

As for 'truck drivers earning 200K', those days are coming to a close and we will reap what we've sown. Such is life.

Other than pulling insults where there were none, you are saying what I said.

Good Singaporeans students did not get into the course they wanted? Who else did?

Those going overseas simply could not make it and had to go to where the money will buy the entrance. They may be fanatical (as I can instantly agree) and better than most of Oz students but there were even better than them in Singapore.

For truck drivers on 220K, that has led to houses that should not be more than 300K to go for 1 million. Which means, 800K bank loan, a couple will have to work their ass off to pay it back, it's 10,000$ a month over 25 years.

Slaving life away for the anomaly that mining boom has brought upon them.

Comparable to the misfortune of being born in North Korea and pulling the cart in a different way.

Archived