Anyone Else Looking Forward To Oct. 1 And Obamacare Sign Up?

dean

"But Ted Heath led a fascinating and mysterious life – one which included a dangerous secret that could have derailed his career at any time. Heath, who never married, is widely believed to have been homosexual, although he never publicly commented on such private matters.

Homosexuality was decriminalized in the United Kingdom in 1967 when Heath was more than 50 years old and already deeply into his political career. Heath died in 2005 at the ripe old age of 89, having never discussed his sexual orientation, in keeping with the ethos of his class and upbringing."

http://www.ibtimes.com/edward-heath-britains-forgotten-mysterious-prime-minister-1316889

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update on my filing. I tried about every other day in October to register but finally gave up and waited until around Thanksgiving. I got the application in but got a notice that I had to provide copies of my wife's (and 3 step children's) Green Cards, which I did. I'm still waiting for their status to be completed. For some strange reason, I was offered a separate policy from the other family members and the youngest step daughter was not included in any grouping. I talked with someone on the help line yesterday and she though it was strange that I was separated from the other family members and that the youngest step daughter was not included in any group policy. At this point, I'll wait until after January 1 and try to get it resolved then, either through the marketplace, or through the Kansas Insurance Commissioner or through my Congressman. Since Kansas did not opt to create it's own marketplace or expand Medicaid, and it's Governor is fiercely opposed to Obamacare, I may have a long wait.

• 2 months later...

March 1st was the first day that the healthcare for my family took effect. It's the first time that I have had healthcare since 1975. I never could get the on line application to enroll the 17 year old step daughter and had trouble getting the wife and 3 step children on the policy because the application would not record their Green Card numbers. I finally went to a Navigator who just delegated the portion of the application where the question of their immigration status comes up. The application was approved January 18, which was too late to get insurance for February 1. I will eventually have to prove their legal status here but have a few months to do it. In the meantime, I go in on Tuesday for my first physical since 1971. It should be interesting what they find, besides telling me that I should lose 30 pounds.

Archived