Anyone Else Looking Forward To Oct. 1 And Obamacare Sign Up?

dean

I doubt if I will sign up on October 1st but plan on going on line to see my options and compare plans offered on the Exchange in Kansas. I went on a test site about a month ago and figured out that the health insurance that would cost around $1,100 without subsidies, will cost around $300-350 per month. Now, if none of us can get sick for the nest 3 months, we will be good to go with affordable insurance. I give the Republicans less than a 5% chance of postponing Obamacare for a year.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that it will provide Americans with something we have had in Europe for a long time ..... affordable healthcare :p I feel it really is a shame that a country like the US is not taking care of its citizens in this regard.

Some US citizens have been very pleased with the US healthcare in the past...politicians, doctors, lawyers, etc.

Insurance Giants that Wrote and Lobbied for Healthcare Law Cash In

Top 8 health insurance firms’ stocks rise since Obamacare implementation

http://www.infowars....th-law-cash-in/

Who would have thought forcing everyone in the nation to buy health insurance would be so profitable?

Turns out if you’d invested in health insurance company stocks at the start of the whole Obamacare fiasco, you’d be sitting pretty right now.

Here’s a list of some of the top health insurance providers in the U.S., and a look at how their stocks have produced decent returns since Obama signed the Affordable Care Act into law in 2010.

1. Blue Cross Blue Shield (owned by WellPoint Inc. [WLPO])...

WLP.jpg

I have been away from the netherlands to long to remember what it was exactly what I paid. What I remember from the 90ties from my salary slip is that a certain percentage was deducted from my salary (roundabouts 1% or so) plus I paid like 40-50 guilders (20-25 US) per month at the time. and for that I could theoretically go to the hospital etc as often as needed.

Nowadays it has gone up in price (more so if you earn above a certain amount for relatively "poorer" people it is still supposed to be cheap). Plus people have to pay an "own contribution" at the doctors for a consult of 30-50 Euros or so. Also depending on your income.

But no doctor or hospital can refuse you treatment whether you are insured or have money or not. The treatment will always be first, paying up will be discussed later.

Up to KS, but yes, maybe :dunno:

Would like input from others (countries) as to what they pay, what benefits they get...Germany? France? Belgium?

In the UK it was 9% of salary up to £110 / Month ($160) now I think it is 9% across the board.

NIC's (National Insurance Contributions) cover Health Care, Social Security payments and state pension at a pittance, personally I prefer my own private health care scheme and pension.

Health care is still "free" in the UK but if you cannot speak Urdu or Arabic forget it, most of my family are now private.

Archived