What's The Chance That My Package From U.s. Makes It To Chiang Mai?

dean

The package cleared Customs at 1 PM today. I didn't know that they were open on Sundays. Taking five days to clear Customs isn't a good sign, though. She should have her package by Tues or Wed. I'll post on whether the money made it or not.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The package made it to Post office near friend. There is a customs duty of 1,530 baht due, so she didn't pick it up. I don't know if the money is still there. If it is, the duty can come out of that. The last box that I sent had tools and no tax was charged. I guess that clothes don't make it past customs. I wonder if she explains to the agent at the Post Office that the boots are for her son, in the military, (because the Thai government is too cheap to supply the soldiers with military boots), can she get the duty dropped or reduced?

When I lived in the lower north, I asked my mother to send me some warm clothing. (It does get a bit cool up there.) When I picked up the package, the post ofice hit me for a fair amount of duty! A Thai friend then told me I should have had her mark the package "used clothing". As it was, I got hit for the import duty on new clothes. :(

Archived