McFloat

Sarisin

Your faithful Sanuk Fast Food Reporter here bringing you the news of an addition to the menu at Mickey D's.

It is called the McFloat and the little counter cuties will always ask you if you would like one with your order.

I have always been a sucker for a good root beer float. And, you can get them here in BKK at places like A&W. Real ice cream in a large frosted mug with A&W ice cream. Yum.

But, here comes McD's with the McFloat to add to their growing list of McStuff like McSomtam, McSticky, and McYou-Name-It.

Sorry to say, they have screwed up this time.

First, they use a very small plastic cup with some sort of cover or dome with a hole in it (kinda like the Astrodome) for the straw. Very flimsy and easy to make a mess.

Second, they use that ersatz ice cream that I guess is made from a mix. It tastes more like toxic waste than ice cream.

Third, they don't give you a spoon so you can scoop out the 'ice cream.' Instead you get a dopey straw that sorta has a flange on the end - approximately 1/4" wide. You sure can get big scoops of satisfying ice cream with that.

Lastly, what do they give you a choice to float your ice cream in? Here goes, fellas:

1. Coke

2. Fanta

3. Sprite

4. Ice Coffee

5. Milo

Now no one has ever been able to determine what actually the ingredients for Milo might be. But, I have heard that klong water, soi dog parts, and snot are in there somewhere. Yeck!

So, I had to choose Coke and it didn't taste so good at all. They should make Ronald McDonald drink a dozen of these. That should straighten that clown's hair out real fast.

What's next? McBargirl?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your faithful Sanuk Fast Food Reporter here bringing you the news of an addition to the menu at Mickey D's.

bwahahahaahhahahahah If you were in Australia you would be linched!

MILO is a malt drink made from wheat and coca hence chocolate malt flavour ! but thats an Aussie thing. You have testicales the size of bowling balls to say that ! comparing Milo to Root beer : Root beer is good. Well my friend to an Australian Root beer is like drinking Kangaroo piss {warm }

Irony of it all MILO IS AMERICAN and well liked in that country

P.S dont be upset if I have insinuated you are American!!! as I know there are other countries with just as bad taste!!!!

PSS if that dont get a bite nothing will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milo was extensively developed here in Australia, at its Sydney laboratories (Nestle) - don't give the 'ol USA the credit for this culinary masterpiece! Some useless info about it - it took the development team four years to figure out a way to stop MILO going immediately "gluggy" on exposure to the atmosphere - you know how it ends up if you leave the lid of the can off? Yuk.

After committing the ultimate blasphemy Sarasin smile.gif, calling MILO "yeck!" you will be reqiured to eat a large jar of Vegemite and then wash it down with 20 litres of made-up MILO as a punishment ! smile.gif

"Would you like fries with that,sir?"

Nestle's makes Milo, or at least distributes Milo here in Thailand, and it's a Swiss company. Are you SURE it was developed in Australia???

(I never saw Milo in the U.S.)

I, too, am American and I have never seen Milo in the US. Christ, the name sounds like some fruitcake kid in a Disney movie.

Now, Ovaltine......

Should have known it is an Australian thing. I hereby amend my earlier description to 'klong water, kangaroo parts, and snot.' Barf.

laugh.gif

Correct, Nestle is a Swiss company, but just like Ford cars etc, they have factories around the world - their product range is massive and includes brands that are not marked Nestle - they accquire premium market brands by buying these companies and keeping their branding. Their was a time in my life when I had unlimited free MILO available, and coincidently, I weighed about 3 stone more! Wonder why? I worship the stuff!

Ovaltine is a by-product from sewage-treatment plants - do not touch the stuff! smile.gif

Hey Soiled Cowboy, I didn't know you were a geologist - loving stones and all. smile.gif

Question: how much is a stone (in pounds/kgs)?

Alright, you might get me to drink the Milo, but vegemite? No, no, no.

One thing I love about this list is the good-natured exchanges like this between guys from different parts of our fair planet. Now if we could only get these Miloboys to get the hell off their barstools for a change and attend English classes....

wink.gif

Archived