McFloat

Sarisin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The short answer is YES.

From the Nestle website

Milo has been around since 1934.

Nestler had been working on a chocolate energy drink for some time but had trouble producing a fully dry product.

It was a research team headed by Thomas Mayne that hit on the idea of using the latest vacuum shelf drying technology.

Milo was launched the following year at the Sydney Royal Easter Show to instant acclaim and popularity.

The number 1 chocolate malt beverage in the world MILO is manufactured at the Nestle factory in Australia at Smithtown near Kempsey on the Macleay river. Around 18 million cups are consumed daily worldwide.

Full of vitamins as well

By the way Sarisin you do not drink Vegamite it is spread on bread. Personally I would vote for 'my mate' Marmite.

14 pounds in a stone

Thanks for the info. PP. I had a vague idea that vegemite was eaten, not drunk.

I heard today that Milo was made with carob rather than chocolate/cocoa. Maybe that is the reason I don't care for it much.

Anyway, when I see Soiled Cowboy, I plan on buying him a Milo McFloat. I have too - he is probably a few stone bigger than me. smile.gif

Hey, on the subject of Maccas so-called soft-serve, do you ever wonder why people with an allergy to milk/dairy products can hoe into this stuff with gusto? Do you know what this actually nice-tasting concoction is really composed of? Do you want to know? If you do find out, you may never touch one again! First correct guess wins a years supply of McFloat(ers) - but you can only collect this prize from my local McDonalds nowhere else wink.gif

For Sarisins info, Marmite is a NZ(?) product very close to Vegemite but maybe a bit sweeter - Aussies love Vegemite & hate Marmite - Kiwis hate Vegemite and love Marmite !

I guess that the soft serves are made from:

Seaweed, sugar and flavourings

I think that they avoid the term "ice cream" since they do not have milk fats in them.

Archived