McFloat

Sarisin

Bourbon street makes a darn good banana milk shake but they need to add ice.

In Siam Discovery, or the mall/building right next to it (not MBK. Maybe both buildings are called Siam Discovery) is a "diner/restaurant" that is themed on old TV shows I believe. They have DAMN good milkshakes.

<<burp>>

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Maybe both buildings are called Siam Discovery) is a 'diner/restaurant' that is themed on old TV shows I believe. They have DAMN good milkshakes."

That would be Siam Center, next to Siam DISCOVERY Center and connected by walkway on the fourth floor. (Gets confusing; whatever will be built on the site of the present Intercontinental Hotel will probably be called Siam Explorer Center or something like it.) Is that restaurant you're talking about across from CD Warehouse on the fourth floor?

Talking about McFloaters,I remember a story that I heard a while back about a McDonalds empoyee who had a runnin with the manager.Just before he left he somehow took a dump in the milkshake machine.It was a good week before it was discovered!

As a former McDonald's employee (making a buck, twenty five an hour in the 60s), I can tell you we had our ways of taking care of jerkoff regular customers. Nothing harmful or nasty like taking a dump in the milkshake machine though. Actually, I would love to have seen that trick as the perpetrator would have to have The Force or something to be able to get his ass levitated in the proper position over the machine (which is a ways above the counter).

Most of the stories your hear about guys pissing in the Coke, spitting on the burgers, and dropping stuff on the floor, wiping it around and serving it to customers is urban legend.

Or, is it?

I'll never tell.

Ronald told me I could not. laugh.gif

Sarisin: For a shake, also check out one of the Oriental Shops. The one on the upper floor of The Emporium, where all the fast-food stands and grocery store are, has a shake on their menu, I believe. Haven't tried it myself, but that's another one of those places with fantastic chocolates, desserts, etc. There are also shops in Central-Chidlom and in the World Trade Center's Isetan Department Store, but it's the one in The Emporium that I think I've seen a shake listed. (Or was that a malt? Shake, I think.)

• 2 weeks later...

I was recently in the Oriental Shop in Isetan Department Store, and no shake on the menu there. I'm sure the one in The Emporium has it listed on the menu; will try to remember to take a look this weekend, at the EU Film Festival.

"As a former McDonald's employee (making a buck, twenty five an hour in the 60s), "

Sars I knew we had something in common. I worked for MacD's in NL for 4 years. I guess that kinda explains me figure right? I like Burger King better though. It is a shame McD's doesn't have the Quarter Pounder and BK doesn't have the Big King. Well............... there is always Woodstock ;P

Wow, I just realized, that is two posts in one day .......

Poo Bah ranking here I come.

Now where do I find myself a parrot to go with that status ...

Darn the beast flies away.

CM

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, "Pooh-Bah" is actually the Thai pronunciation of "Pooh Bear," although Middle Sanskrit writings mention a "Pooh-Bah" that's used for "Pay Bar," and this has worked itself into the Thai language. smile.gif

Archived