McFloat

Sarisin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the plot thickens........According to Topher's Breakfast Cereal Character Guide, General Mills, who makes Trix cereal has a "marketing" agreement with none other than Nestle. Them rabbits is up to somethin'...............

[color:red]but a true-blue American kid reaches for the Hershey's syrup. color=red>

On the East Coast when I was growing up it was Bosco and Cocoa Marsh (the latter for marshmallow not a swamp).

You guys have convinced me to give this Milo junk another try tomorrow when I make my weekly visit to my favorite McD's.

If I start projectile vomiting I hope one of you will be around to clean it up. smile.gif

Thanks PP, just wasn't at all sure on the origins of Marmite, and other axle greases, but in NZ, just like Vaginamite, sorry Vegemite, in Australia, Marmite is a national dish and the poor sods tend to think of the stuff as their own - it would have to have the highest per capita sales in the world there,surely.

Well, all this talk of salty spreads has given me a thirst now, so it is off we go to a beer bar for relief.

Vote 1, Vote Carousel ! Everyone's a winner, (nearly!), can you detect that a good-time was had there?

Rusty, I, too, miss the milkshakes at McD's. They simply went away several years ago replaced by the oh-so-popular sundaes - corn, taro, and pineapple flavors. BLECH! And, now we have these McFloat things.

Anyone know where you can get a quality milkshake in Bangkok?

"Anyone know where you can get a quality milkshake in Bangkok?"

I think the Hard Rock Cafe has one on their menu. I haven't tried it, but their desert stuff is usually excellent. Swenson"s maybe? They do a good malt; might do shakes.

Yeah, you are right SS. The desserts in the Hard Rock are outstanding. I like that brownie with icecream and chocolate sauce. Mississippi Mud Pie?

Never thought of Swenson's. Thanks.

BTW, I was in McD's today and they were setting up a TV with the advertisement you will be able to watch the World Cup there. Kick back with a McFloat and have a ball.

Also, they were putting up a huge screen outside the WTC with seating for 1,000 to view the World Cup.

Dairy Queen has also recently come out with a DQ Float, but it is just as lousy as the one at McDonald's. My biggest complaint is that they fill the cup with ice before putting in the Coke and the ice cream. So you're left with this big wad of that pseudo ice cream, imbedded with crushed ice. Terrible.

For good milkshakes, don't forget about Haagen-Dazs.

Archived