9-12-56 9:39

waerth

> people's council" with 400 members - 300 elected from various occupations and 100 selected by the PDRC

Just make Suthep the supreme ruler, all is solved!

WTF..."...100 selected by the PDRC...", like that's going to be fair!

"...300 elected from various occupations...", I'm sure the taxi drivers and the rice farmers will be a large part of the 300...more like ZERO...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tingthong to invite 100 persons to talk on Sunday

Tongthong Chantharangsu, the permanent secretary for PM's Office, said Friday that he will invite 100 persons who represent al sectors to a talk on Thailand's reform on Sunday.

Tongthong has been assigned by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to hold a talk with representatives from all sides in an effort to find a solution for the political impasse.

The meeting will be held at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre, starting at 9:00 am on Sunday.

Tongthong said the 100 persons would represent seven major business organisations, the People's Democratic Reform Committee, the King Prachadipok's Institute. They would include university rectors, permanent secretaries, police and military officers, state enterprise employees and the media as well as senators.

He said political parties would also be invited to send two representatives to the meeting.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Tongthong-to-invite-100-persons-to-talk-on-Sunday-30222030.html

Suthep, military leaders agree to attend Supreme Command-mediated seminar

Protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban has agreed to attend a seminar to held by the Supreme Command on the political solutions on Saturday, a senior military officer said Friday.

Lt Gen Harit Poomhiran, the director of the Civilian Affairs Department of the Supreme Command, said Suthep sent a letter to the Supreme Command on Thursday, affirming that he would attend the seminar.

Suthep earlier asked the supreme commander and commanders-in-chief of the three armed forces to allow him to meet them to explain the causes of the People's Democratic Reform Committee.

The chiefs of the three armed forces said the decision would be made by the supreme commander, who decided to hold a seminar to let Suthep talk instead of holding a meeting with Suthep.

Harit said all sectors would be invited to join the seminar and would be given a chance to speak during the seminar.

Harit said the national police chief, the supreme commander and the chiefs of the three armed forces would attend the seminar, but they would listen only without making any comment or raise any question.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Suthep-military-leaders-agree-to-attend-Supreme-Co-30222033.html

OK, so, someone please clarify something for me. In the middle of the article Flash posted, it said that 300 people would be "elected" from various occupations and groups, and 100 would be "selected" by PDRC. At the bottom, it said 300 would be "selected".

There is a lot more than one letter of difference between "elected" and "selected". Which is it going to be?

Also, with that many people, there will be some internal structure. I think I want to hear something about who's going to be where. Am I correct in assuming that the PDRC selectees will hold all of the subcommittee chair positions, so that the Party, uhh, excuse me, the PDRC, will in fact be in total control?

Archived