9-12-56 9:39

waerth

Suthep announces PDRC invokes Article 3 to recall power from govt

Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee, announced Tuesday evening that the PDRC had invoked Article 3 of the Constitution to recall power from the government.

He said the Yingluck government had abused its authority and violated the rule of law and good governance so the PDRC had the power to invoke Article 3 to recall the power from the

administration.

Article 3 states that: "The sovereign power belongs to the Thai people. The King as Head of the State shall exercise such power through the National Assembly, the Council of Ministers and the Courts in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.

The performance of duties of the National Assembly, the Council of Ministers, the Courts, and the constitutional organs as well as State agencies shall be under the Rule of Law."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Suthep-announces-PDRC-invokes-Article-3-to-recall--30221721.html

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suthep explains his statement means Thais have recalled power from govt

People's Democratic Reform Committee secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban explained that his statement about Article 3 meant the Thai people had already recalled ruling mandate from the government.

He said the people could invoke Article 3 to recall the ruling power from the government because the government had abused authority to try to help former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra escape legal punishment.

He said the government abused the ruling mandate from the people to try to amend the Constitution to usurp and seize absolute power as well.

Suthep said the government rejected the ruling and authority of the Constitutional Court after the court ruled that the constitutional amendment was unconstitutional.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Suthep-explains-his-statement-means-Thais-have-rec-30221724.html

HM the King approves House dissolution

HM the King on Monday approved a decree to dissolve the House as announced by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

The approval was announced in the Royal Gazette. It sets February 2 as election day.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/HM-the-King-approves-House-dissolution;-Feb-2-as-e-30221734.html

You know, this Suthep seems to be unfit for his role, and yet has performed beyond expectations. This "recall power from the government" smacks of deep thought. I'm not sure, but I smell real power somewhere here, power the likes of Takkie, only dreams about.

General opinion is that Suthep is simply a means to an end. People are sick of both corruption and Thaksin and Suthep has proven himself good at rallying the forces. He says he has no more political ambitions, and if he is wise he will stick to that. Otherwise, he will find himself quickly falling from favour. After all, he is 64 year old. Time for him to retire from the scene.

But I agree. Takky couldn't hold a candle to him on a stage. He is impressive.

Young Suthep:

post-98-0-13221900-1386596785_thumb.jpg

And so that I don't appear to be favouring one side or another, I am impressed, not by who is doing this, but how it is being done, this, to me is groundbreaking on the world stage.

I am sure students of history can point to other 'peaceful' sea-changes, but this is the first one I've seen. Perhaps it's because I'm paying attention.

Maybe I don`t understand enough of all this , but from a distant point of view a democratically elected government has been forced to quit by a mass movement that has no authorisation by constitution or other . Will they come again if the Feb 2nd election do not fit into their dreams and will the reds stay as reasonably peaceful as now ? Neither myself nor , to my surprise, Lovely Nok are Thaksin supporters . My thoughts are just academical .

A democratically elected government that has won an election in which they massively bribed part of the population with policies that have now put Thailand in a recession. They roughshodded over all parts of democracy as was a tradition in the early 30ties of last century Weimar Germany. They were basically funding their own bank accounts. At the rate it was going, if the populous would have waited another 2 years for the next elections they (the ptp) would all have been billionaires.

Sometimes people have to stand and fight something that is evil.

The reds are at the moment in disarray as recent red rallies have proved that even when paying for them they could not get many people to join.

For now the protesters will not leave as their stated goal is to remove the Shinawatra clan from politics in Thailand (which has not happened yet) and they want more checks and balances against corruption, vote buying etc before they will participate in any election (which also has not happened yet).

So there is a big chance that the february elections will only see PTP and their allies contesting (deja vu 2006) which will mean it will not be by the rules and the election will be declared null and void (deja vu 2006) and Yingluck will keep on staying as a caretaker pm indefinately (like Thakky did in 2006) so I guess by then we will be having another coup as the Shins try to cling on to power to long.

Archived