24/12/2013 Bts Down. Commuters Gridlocked

waerth

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 50m

7:22am Long queues for buses at BTS Bearing - RT @winaithornPNC: ผู้โดยสารà¹à¸™à¹ˆà¸™à¸›à¹‰à¸²à¸¢à¸£à¸–เมล์Btsà¹à¸šà¸£à¸´à¹ˆà¸‡ pic.twitter.com/Lys1Ao9P8n #Bangkok

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 23m

The @BTS_SkyTrain just tweeted in English for the first time today informing expats & tourists of the situation pic.twitter.com/byP9PtgMAX

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 18m

Usually it's either the Silom or Sukhumwit line that experiences problems. Strange it's the entire BTS system. Surely not sabotage?

--------

The red shirts strike back LOL

--------

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 16m

8am No news yet from the BTS as to the nature of the problem, other than "technical problem", nor how long the shutdown will last

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 4m

8:10am These are the long queues at MRT Rama 9 (Pic @ppoiploy)

Richard Barrow â€@RichardBarrow 4m

8:08am Commuters now arriving at subway stations. This is MRT Chatuchak which is packed (Pic @jeera03) pic.twitter.com/8eXypqlm2P #Bangkok

The BTS skytrain service was disrupted by technical error Tuesday morning.

Passengers could not use the service at all stations.

The disruption of the service started at 6 am according to a Tweeter message from BTS. By 8 am, the service has not resumed yet.

BTS announced on its micro-blogging Tweeter site that the service was halted because BTS navigation control system malfunctioned.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/BTS-service-disrupted-by-technical-error-30222816.html

Shouldn't jump to conclusions. Failures do happen. I know a Thai person who did work on the BTS system and

it takes specific knowledge to shutdown the system. The average person, me included, would not know to disable some radio xmitter.

Now if they find bullet holes in the control equipment, that is another story...

Wasn't it the No Shirts that have threathened to shutdown BKK for a day and then a month if they don't get their way?

No matter, in the end, it is all about me! I want the BTS/MTR up and running!! I want the protesters off the street so I do not have to endure a traffic jam...spoke like a true farang, ehh?

Shouldn't jump to conclusions. Failures do happen. I know a Thai person who did work on the BTS system and

it takes specific knowledge to shutdown the system. The average person, me included, would not know to disable some radio xmitter.

Now if they find bullet holes in the control equipment, that is another story...

Obviously I am not average then

Archived