Tuk Tuk export?

Guest lazyphil

.....<which will probably only get dusted off once a year>.....

....Like i said, it's used for telephone home delivery orders, seriously, it's a crazy sight!

Thats a hell of alot of money, no wonder they charge silly money for the food!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

We used to have parades with floats and wot not. But seem to have fizzled out over the years. However, its the golden jubilee for queen Elizabeth 2 (respect, but not for the hang oners) coming up shortly, I think a go-go float would brighten up the predictable sponge cake/fizzy pop street parties (which i'll avoid like the clap!), flanked by a couple of Tuk-Tuks driven by the mamasans;-)

its not easy to get a driving licence for a tuk tuk in Europe (USA i dont know).

Waste gas and noise is to high for most countries. I read in the Nation that a company in England construct original Tuk Tuks. Thailand trying now to get a name protection for Tuk Tuk, but it seems to late for that.

I would think importing a "new" one to USA/California is close to impossible......maybe without a motor and put a Honda motorcycle motor in it here......for cars its 25 years or older can be imported with little or no problems

there is a DOT / EPA page about it......

I do not think you can import a 2 stroke motorbike anymore because of EPA controls....

Wonder how it would take the hills in Frisco ?

and the downhills !

• 2 weeks later...

Remember reading last year in the Bangkok Post that the major assembler of tuk-tuks in Thailand had to introduce major upgrades to their tuk-tuk range, the new ones look like something Elvis Presley would look just dandy in, all white leather and chrome, in order to fend off competition from other manufacturers outside Thailand that make them as well and export them so maybe if you can find this article from the BP business section circa November last year it might give you a few leads to follow-up on all the tuk-tuk makers everywhere. Funny how tuk-tuks are being eradiated slowly from LOS itself but other countries are now wanting them for promo uses, a local Thai restaurant in my area has one to pick-up patrons from hotels etc - when I hear it coming I suddenly get the urge to hail it and ask to be taken to NanaPlaza straight away..........

Archived