Tuk Tuk export?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Precisly my intent! I will lure the homesick lovlies into my tuk tuk! for the ride of their life! Or else I could use it to drive yuppie tourists around..."...sorry that place closed, I take you shopping instead, I know best place #1!!..."

One or two countries have tuk tuk importers, I know that Germany used to have an importer who did mods and sold them as delivery vehicles , promtional and there was even a garbage truck version. The tuk tuk company used to have an export showroom in Thonglor showing these configurations, now sadly gone. Some private private imports into Aust/NZ. But watch those trams OH, don't think the TT would fare too well in a confantaion with one of those. By the way I would have thought that the emissions thing would have been solved by using natural gas as most here are powered with.

You could start your own " Gang "....Hell's Tuk Tuk's or Tuk Tuk Angel's .

BadaBing

Exactly my plan, we can move in on the local merchants and control all the Kwai Teow stands...

Fatbastard,

I didn't know the TTs in LOS were natural gas powered! That would take care of the emmissions part of the BS but then there is the safty requirements, and general other BS of the California government to worry about...

• 2 weeks later...

I did see one being unloaded off a truck last week (or last month)here in London. Thought I was seeing things but it was a genuine Thailand tuk tuk.

As for importing one to the US, a friend of mine took a couple of motorbikes over and had very little hassles regarding duty, etc. They were WW2 bikes and I think he just had to take off the fuel tanks to call them non-vehicles.

Archived