54 Percent Say Yingluck Should Step Down: Dusit Poll

Flashermac

MOST PEOPLE believe Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra should take responsibility for the raft of problems that have inflicted a heavy toll on the country and her caretaker administration, according to Dusit Poll.

About 54 per cent of the 1,318 people surveyed countrywide from Wednesday to Saturday believe she should show responsibility for the "political turmoil" as the country's leader, although no information was given on how.

About 9 per cent thought she should continue working for the public interest, and 26 per cent felt she needs to urgently resolve issues to shore up her image and credibility, while 11 per cent did not want her to meddle in court cases or abuse her power.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/54percent-say-Yingluck-should-step-down-Dusit-Poll-30229367.html

Yingluck goes to work despite torn ligament

Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra was in a wheelchair when she showed up to attend the weekly Cabinet meeting at the Royal Police Cadet Academy in Nakhon Pathom yesterday.

Reports say that she has torn a ligament in her left ankle and the doctor has told her not to put any weight on it. It will reportedly take her at least two months to fully recover. "Even though I have a torn ligament, I will continue doing my work," Yingluck told reporters.

The PM appeared to hurt herself when she slipped while getting out of a mini-van in Chiang Mai on Saturday. This was one day before the lottery numbers were drawn.

It is believed that many lottery buyers had opted for the licence plate numbers of the two vans she was using during her trip to the North last weekend. The numbers were 5404 and 7879, and many lottery buyers allegedly opted for the numbers 404 and 79 in both the state and underground lottery.

On Sunday, the first prize winning number was 531404 and the winning two-digit number was 79. :hmmm:

It was the eighth time that lottery winning numbers were the same as the numbers on Yingluck's licence plates.

Yesterday, members of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), led by Issara Somchai, visited the Government Lottery Office in Nonthaburi to lodge a complaint against the government and accuse the officials of fixing the lottery tickets.

http://www.nationmul...t-30229539.html

So now she injured herself "getting out of a minivan". At the time, it was reported she fell going into a noodle shop. There was even a photo of her there. Maybe she just falls a lot?

Fascinating how she holds meetings everywhere but in Bangkok. She also still refuses to go near the farmers.

"Yesterday, members of the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC), led by Issara Somchai, visited the Government Lottery Office in Nonthaburi to lodge a complaint against the government and accuse the officials of fixing the lottery tickets."

Years ago I saw a Navy warrant officer going around and buying every lottery ticket with the last numbers 64 that he could find. It dawned on me that it would be difficult to rig the entire six-digit winning number, but not so hard to fix the last 2 or 3 digits. That warrant officer hardly had enough money to buy the hundreds of tickets he must have had with him, so I presume he was doing it for a much higher ranking officer. Others presumably were out searching for the numbers elsewhere. And yes, those were the winning two-digit numbers. :hmmm:

At a 500 baht pay out for the winning 2-digits, those tickets returned quite a nice profit.

Archived