Wireless Electricity In Bangkok

" Wireless power or wireless energy transmission is the transmission of electrical energy from a power source to an electrical load without man-made conductors. "

Is this a joke or is Bangkok really going to have wireless power ?

I did try to understand how this works, how does electricity travel without wires ? Far too complicated for me.

http://en.wikipedia..../Wireless_power

Not a joke, as such, but of little to no practical relevance at this point in time. Small amounts of power transferred to low power devices, think mobile phones etc, is becoming practical now. So far as domestic power transmission systems are concerned I'd say there might be some major bits of physics missing from the human knowledge bank right now so it's unlikely to be a proposition in the next few generations. If candidates for elected positions start espousing this in their manifestos I'd worry.

No way it could work on a Domestic level, I happen to know a little bit about Power Generation and Distribution Vietnam National Grid is my baby, they must be desperate to allow me in charge of the main utility.

As RM correctly stated for low wattage devices such as a mobi or an MP3 player it will work, but I doubt it would even power my TV let alone my Aircon.

1200MW @220KV from my latest coal burner I will stick with copper wires

Back in the 1960s, NASA JPL did a test, transmitting power by microwave between two mountains several miles apart. The idea was to see whether generating electricity in space and "beaming" it to receiving antennas on the ground was feasible.

They were hoping for something like 63% conversion efficiency.

They got 88%. (Translation: out of every 100W into the transmitter, 88W came out of the receiver. That ain't bad.)

My source is a talk by Jerry Pournelle. He showed photos of the experimental setup.

Crazyman

I have no doubt about Magnetic Induction for low level Power Devices. Less than 0.1 watt I am trying to bring 4,800 MW online in Vietnam, trust me wireless won't work.

I Blacked out Qatar in 2001, yes a whole country to it's knees, I had to run fast I escaped by the skin of my teeth, now the Commies let me play with their network puts the shit up me.