Fingerprint Scan Planned For All Arriving Foreigners

Flashermac

Thai Immigration aims to begin scanning fingerprints of all foreigners arriving in the Kingdom by the end of the year, to catch known criminals.

Immigration Commissioner Pharnu Kerdlarpphon told Phuket Gazette yesterday that the project costing Bt342 million is not yet approved, but the agency hopes to introduce the scanning machines by the end of this year.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Fingerprint-scan-planned-for-all-arriving-foreigne-30233711.html

This should definitely encourage more tourists to come here. :hmmm:

My boyfriend tells me, that for him to get a category O visa in the United Kingdom. You now need a police report to show you do not have a criminal record. Also a doctor's paper to show you are free of diseases. It does not apply to a tourist visa.

Missy there is no such thing as an O Visa in the UK, maybe you mean the equivalent of a Thai Non-Imm O.

Police clearance papers are required by most countries, I was issued mine in Bangkok for Vietnam as for medicals every country needs a health check for work permit, obviously you have not travelled much or are very naive.

KS,

Was Pakistan a nation when your grandparents were born?