Fingerprint Scan Planned For All Arriving Foreigners

Flashermac

Hi,

About to apply for a visa for India, and fingerprint scans are part of the process as well (apparently a recent requirement). Pain in the ass as this means I now have to go deal with the paperwork myself.

Sanuk!

Make sure you have 2 inches by 2 inches photos. (Check!) I thought I had dotted all the i's etc but the bastards caught me on that last one....but they happened to have an expensive photo machine outside the office for your convenience.

I am full bottle on India travel ...been there many times from Kashmir to the tip of Cape Comorin. If you need any advice, PM me.

Mekong :

Your correct on all 3, Non-Immigrant category "0", not travelled , and naïve

Non-Immigrant Visa Category "0" To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, Retirement (with State Pension)

Khusanuk : That's good I heard it can take a long time sorry to confuse

Processing Time

• For Non-Thai nationals visa is issued on the 6th working day.

#Some individual cases may require around 6-8 weeks time for processing.

Missy,

You are confused, if he is your Boyfriend how could he apply for a Non-Imm O unless he has Thai kids from his previous ex, he ain't your spouse.

Or maybe he is an old fart, over 50 and can get a Non-Imm OA Retirement Visa, a Non-Imm O A is different than a Non-Imm O like twice as much funds required in the bank for 90 days before application for extension to stay, us outsiders don't get a visa just 12 months permission of extension to stay.

I have been dealing with Thai Immigration on and off for 23 years now, I think I know how it works.

Thank you for admitting your naivety it goes a long way to explain your ignorance.

Mekong:

I will try to explain clearly as I can, we are talking about a non immigrant visa cateorgy "0" which is available for either 90 days or 1 year.# issued within the United Kingdom ( NOT America or maybe somewhere else )

I tried to make the point which you dismissed as me being naïve.

You saying it was normal to have a police report and medical report to travel to Thailand. Which maybe it is from some countries.

It has NOT been a requirement to have a police report or medical from the United Kingdom to obtain a category "0". visa before I repeat United Kingdom ( Not America or maybe somewhere else.)

It is only within the last 6 weeks or so that this has changed never being required before. He like yourself has travelled to Thailand at least 25 times from the United Kingdom so he obviously knows the latest visa requirements.

Should you dispute a 90 day non immigrant cateorgy "0" visa is unavailable I will be prepared to post as proof. I really can't explain this any clearer to you

Mekong:

As you noted he happens to be over 50, also we are NOT married although together nearly 14 years.

Bank accounts are available for inspection :)