Online Comment Lands Miss Universe Thailand Winner In Trouble

Flashermac

post-98-0-17012800-1400546801_thumb.jpg

Not long after claiming the Miss Universe Thailand 2014 title over the weekend, Weluree Ditsayabut found herself caught in a social-media storm about comments she allegedly posted online months ago.

After being hit by waves of angry criticism, the newly crowned beauty queen yesterday tried to play down her previous comments, insisting that she was not affiliated to any political group.

"It's just that my parents have taught me to love the King," Weluree told a press conference. "I believe all of us here love the King."

She allegedly posted a comment last November in which she lambasted the red shirts, saying: "I am not unbiased. I am on the side of His Majesty the King. I am so angry with these vile [people]."

Apart from her comment spreading like wildfire online, Weluree was also slammed for using rude words in social media. Also, many questioned her beauty-queen status, saying she has a less-than-perfect figure.

The beauty-pageant winner issued a public apology yesterday, saying: "I welcome all comments, which I will use to improve myself."

As Weluree hosts a show on Channel 3 and is also to star in an upcoming television series. Based on this ground, there is widespread speculation that she might have been favoured in this competition. The series she is starring in will go on air on Channel 3 soon.

"The role I've got in the series is very small," she said, dismissing the speculation.

Weluree is not the only contestant at the Miss Universe Thailand 2014 pageant who has run into a storm of criticism. The second runner-up, Sunannipa Krissanasuwan, also drew flak for her online provocative photographs.

"I apologise for disappointing you. I am not perfect, nor am I a flawless beauty. But I'm ready to be a good person," Supannipa said at the same press conference.

ML Phumjai Chumpon, one of the pageant's judges, said there were several judges at the contest and each person had a different opinion.

"But the judges have been able to see the contestants far closer [than the general public] and the winners are those who have scored the highest points given by all the judges," he said.

He said the flak being faced by Weluree had left him with a heavy heart, adding that the pageant's team now planned to maximise her potential and abilities, as she would be representing the Kingdom at the Miss Universe pageant in Brazil beginning in September.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Online-comment-lands-Miss-Universe-Thailand-winner-30234038.html

Hi,

Not one of those 3 shown in the picture looks all that attractive IMHO.

As for her comments, whatever happened to personal opinion? This was a beauty contest, which means beauty is the deciding factor (or rather should be). What she may have said or not said should be totally irrelevant.

Sanuk!

I imagine the "social storm" is entirely from the red shirts. No one else would give a hoot what she said about them. She had better watch out for grenades.

Notice what all three top winners have in common - very white and taller than aerage. It is the same in every Thai beauty contests. The girls who actually look like Thais never stand a chance.

Apparently the winner, 22-year-old Weluree “Fai†Disayabut, is being criticised on line in Thai forums for being overweight.

0zkoSS2.png

http://bangkok.cocon...ailand-universe

Third place Sunannipar Kritsanasuwan’s (Ami Namphet) past sexy photos have also been condemned online. It was discovered she has a past history as a 'pretty' at some of the motor shows.

5K4JAbZ.jpg

http://www.thairath..../content/423965

There was also another contestant, 'Top' Fongphikun Thonglin, who was removed from the competition earlier on in the beginning of May after the beauty contest committee discovered she'd posted up a risqué picture of a diseased penis on her Twitter account with the caption 'Shall we eat some ice cream?' and felt it damaged the reputation of the competition.

PZF0VlV.jpg

http://www.thairath..../content/420277

Seems it takes so much to be Miss Thailand nowadays!

Hi,

Not one of those 3 shown in the picture looks all that attractive IMHO.

As for her comments, whatever happened to personal opinion? This was a beauty contest, which means beauty is the deciding factor (or rather should be). What she may have said or not said should be totally irrelevant.

Sanuk!

j

Really? C'mon now KS.

They're not revoking her title mate, people are just pissed off. I imagine if she posted on Facebook "I hate all these Dutch scum around Bangkok, they're dirty, they should all be taken out and executed" some of the Dutch might be a little irked too.

Sheeeeeeesh.