There Is A Curfew ... But Many Seem To Be Ignoring It.

waerth

Our buddies in the USA are not quiet about the events...

http://mashable.com/2014/05/22/thailand-media-blackout-coup/?utm_campaign=Mash-Prod-RSS-Feedburner-All-Partial&utm_cid=Mash-Prod-RSS-Feedburner-All-Partial&utm_medium=feed&utm_source=rss

In statement released on Thursday afternoon Eastern time, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said he was "disappointed" with the Thai military for suspending its constitution and concerned about its attempt to suppress press freedom:

I am also concerned that media outlets have been shut down. I urge the restoration of civilian government immediately, a return to democracy, and respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms, such as press freedoms. The path forward for Thailand must include early elections that reflect the will of the people.

John Kerry is near the top of the list of hypocrites that I despise. Judging by his success rate as Secy of State, God help us if he decides to get involved in Thailand.

BTW just read that schools are closed today.

And from the Bangkok Post: "The late afternoon announcements of a full military coup and a 10pm curfew sent political rallies, workers and shoppers heading home in what may have been the worst traffic and commuter jams in Bangkok history."

post-98-0-65739400-1400812190_thumb.jpg

Hi,

"The late afternoon announcements of a full military coup and a 10pm curfew sent political rallies, workers and shoppers heading home in what may have been the worst traffic and commuter jams in Bangkok history."

It was pretty bad though, at least on the subway. First 5 trains were too full to get on, and when I got on the 6th, there were still a LOT of people waiting to get on. 40 min commute ended up taking over an hour.

Sanuk!