Ncpo Cites Three Reasons To Explain To Need For Coup Making: Winthai

waerth

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/NCPO-cites-three-reasons-to-explain-to-need-for-co-30234557.html

The National Council for Peace and Order has cited three reasons to explain to the international community why the military seized power, NCPO spokesman Winthai Suwaree said Sunday.

He said the reasons have been conveyed to foreign countries via military attaches to Thai embassies.

The three reasons are:

1) Thailand has different situation and political environment to other countries.

2) The military has clear evidences and reasons to seize power. The evidences and reasons will later be shown to the international community.

3) Democratic ruling in Thailand has caused a lot of lives.

Winthai said the foreign countries would be reminded of what has been happening in the country and reminded that the Thai military always supported the democratic ruling.

He said those, who claimed their democratic rights, resorted to use war weapons and they attacked the communities in the capital.

He said the expression of democratic rights in Thailand was different from those in foreign countries.

The Nation

1) Thailand has different situation and political environment to other countries. - errr, we just want to have a coup, so deal with it?

2) The military has clear evidences and reasons to seize power. The evidences and reasons will later be shown to the international community. - if you can't deal with it, we will make something up when we can think of it

3) Democratic ruling in Thailand has caused a lot of lives. - by those not accepting democracy.

Too funny, should be in new jokes section

The double-speak is so thick in the news and on all the forums it's literally starting to remind me of 1984 (the book, not the year). There are people (expats) definitely afraid to criticize and they get viscerally angry at you for even innocuous questions of why and are you sure. Amongst the country's population there seems to be enormous manipulation of national symbolism - elevated to a religious level - being exercised to control folks.

It's just weird. I never saw this side of things before, it's an eye opener for me personally. I've recently spoken to a few expats who had to qualify every conversation with how much they love Thailand and love this and that (national symbols). Even I won't comment because I don't want to put people in jeopardy or make them upset. Once the formalities are through there's a great big pretend that nothing is happening.

Need time to process all this. Good luck.

I personally do not comment to Thais unless we are very very old good friends(its a small but good group )

I generally say Mai sawb or mai pood krab

Many of the solid comments on this board are misunderstood or denigrated Oh well

Mai pen rai

• Like 1

The last time the military took over the gov...they bought a submarine or some nonsense!

For sure, the gov's budget was diverted to the military and most of the gov's project stopped!!

...never happen this time...with the Big Man to retire this year :surprised:

I personally do not comment to Thais unless we are very very old good friends(its a small but good group )

I generally say Mai sawb or mai pood krab

Many of the solid comments on this board are misunderstood or denigrated Oh well

Mai pen rai

I think you're absolutely right. Also, a lot of things are just murky and it's a challenge not to be judgmental. I'm not against people having things with spiritual significance in their lives either, sometimes I think we don't have enough of this in Western culture - but at the same time am wary of how religious sentiment can be manipulated and I become alarmed when something is outright shut off for discussion.

But yeah, I think you make a darn good point re: things misunderstood.

"3) Democratic ruling in Thailand has caused a lot of lives."due to the simple fact coups usually last fairly short time the other democratic rulers do the major people killings ;)

who find this one funny yeah sure its brilliant and simply true :))