hotel on Sukumvit

BelgianBoy

Hi all,

The last 5-6 years I always stayed at the Novotel Lotus on Soi 33, and for personal reasons I cannot go there anymore.

So, help me out : need a room somewhere on Suk, need guest friendly, roomsafe, internet access, kingsize bed, breakfast.

Rate, including tax and VAT can affort Bt 1600-2000 / night.

Time : 10-13/7 and 21-24/7.

Any ideas, suggestions ?

TIA !

Cheers !

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might be able to get into the Marriott at that rate, but maybe a bit more.

Friends have told me the Landmark is not that bad and I think it has everything you want in your price range. Also, consider the Grand President. A few guys I know liked the Royal Asia Lodge on Soi 8 when they stayed there recently and it is in your price range too.

You're probably right PP. That's why I said a bit more. I do know a friend was able to stay there for 2,500 night with breakfast, but he had some kind of deal. Maybe one of those things where you accumulate points with Marriott.

It is a nice hotel close to the action, but maybe out of BB's price range.

Hi Sarisin !

Thanks for a quick reply and good info !

Let me check around, and I'll post the info here later when all available...........

As for budget, I could affort more as well, but why would I ?

Let me save my money for alimony and earlier retirement smile.gif

Cheers !

Hi BB,

You can get the saphire or emerald suite at the Royal Pres on Suk 11 for 18 to 2000 a night. Both suites are around 60+ meters. Both have all the amenities you listed with ABF. I booked this suite through the reservation agent at the Manhattan Inn on Soi 11. ( I think it was RA travel...the desk is to the right of front desk) These suites are in the court garden wing in the serviced apartment area. The guest policy is 2 people per room, however, I usally bring 2 to3 girls up. Tv in both the living room and bed room.

Hope this helps,

SB

You smooth talker you. Going to cancel my Nana reservation and stay at the Grand President in a Suite. Not sure why I booked the Nana anyway as previous trips were at the Federal. Do you realize how many girls I can put in that Suite, however at my age I think some might get disappointed. It might take a long time to wipe that smile off my face.

For that rate I would suggest the Grand President; take a suite in Tower 1 (approx. THB 2300), but worth the extra THB 300. For Internet access, simply disconnect the phone and connect your laptop. This is not the fastest option, but very cheap and somewhat reliable.

The Landmark and the JW Marriott are nice hotels, but depending on the length of stay, the small rooms can make you feel uncomfortable. The rate is THB 3500 and up for a basic room at the Landmark; at the Marriott prepare to pay USD 100 ++. For the Landmark I read, that rates from THB 2700 are possible. Be sure to book a double room, otherwise they can charge you for a guest.

I usually stay at the Landmark (club-corner-room for THB 4500) or the Grand President, depending on the length of stay and my mood.

You can get better rooms at the Omni Tower (Soi 4) or the Centre Point, but IMO the location of the Grand President is the best, so I prefer to stay there.

Good Luck and very nice holidays!! smile.gif

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info and feedback on this one.

At first glance on their website I think I will aim for the Royal Asia Lodge..........

They have a junior suite at Bt 1380,-......... cannot beat that I think......... and it is also only for 3 + 2 nights......

Will post here when I checked it all out.

Cheers !

PS : meet you in Bangers ?

Well, to compare the Royal Asia with Landmark or Marriott is not so easy.

I personally do like the Royal Asia, though it is definitely a bit on the shabby side (but so I am too ....,-)

The "Junior Suite" ist more or less two rooms, with a nice bed, some rather substandard Furniture, a TV which is often not fully working, a Fridge/Minibar, and a Bathroom / Shower of varying Quality.

No, I am not recommending it, but I don't want to say you should not book it; Just don't expect anything up to the Standards they announce at their Website.

There are Miles and Miles between Royal Asia and GP, Landmark, Marriott; not only in Price.

Oh, btw, they are Guest friendly.

Sunny

Archived