So What's Wrong With Australia

A friends wife who lives here in Thailand and happens to be a farang, went with her small son to Australia for a 2 week break. Staying with friends of hers whom she had not seen in a long time. Now back and praising the Australian way of life, and how she loved the place and how clean the water and beaches were compared to Thailand. Even expressing a liking to relocate there.

Many thousands from all over the world, over the years have immigrated to Australia. This made me wonder if it is really that good, why so many Australian men would want to come to Thailand in the first place. Is it as simple that it is less expensive, and easier to find younger pretty women or is there more to it.

Wouldn't "What attracts Australian men to Thailand" been a better title.

But the 2 reasons you have given are accurate as are probably a hundred other reasons so I guess it is not as simple as you put it.

Sometimes you hear negative comments from expat farangs about Thailand, but many choose to stay regardless. Even if they returned to their own countries could they ever readjust to the life there again.

Every time I go to Germany, I marvel at how clean it is, how cheap the excellent wine and beer is...one the negative, the price of petrol is sky high...weather is too cold for me...but is always great for a short (one month) visit!

Same for Australia, but short term.

The glitter of Thailand is slowly losing its luster...at least for me :dunno:

how clean the water and beaches were compared to Thailand

Whilst I am sure that pre 1950 beaches in LOS were lovely, they are not now. Beaches in OZ and NZ are by and large, excellent. Not only LOS suffers from degraded beaches, I went to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam and was really put off, by the amount of shit and rubbish in the water and the boat congestion, in what was supposed to be a National beauty spot.

wonder if it is really that good, why so many Australian men would want to come to Thailand in the first place. Is it as simple that it is less expensive, and easier to find younger pretty women or is there more to it.

For all but the upper 10% of the most handsome and wealthy men, in the west, the women in the west are ballbreakers. Hard-nosed bitches with an over-inflated sense of entitlement. So when a western man encounters younger pretty women, who can roll in the hay at a moments notice, in LOS, he is of course, amazed. I know fellows, on their return from their first trip to LOS have said, "I never knew, I just never knew...". Add to that smaller prices (for now) and holidays are a no brainer.