Farang In-Laws 'add B8.7Bn To Gdp'

Hell no! And I play the Devil's advocate here... All those foreigners will have Isaan children who'll be brighter than the average Isaan prole, then the region will not only have voting power, but smarts too!

To paraphrase Robert Muldoon, foreigners moving to Isaan will raise that average IQ of both the foreign country and Isaan.

I post this, tongue firmly in cheek, just in case someone wants to take me seriously .

• Like 1

Hi,

"All those foreigners will have Isaan children who'll be brighter than the average Isaan prole, then the region will not only have voting power, but smarts too!"

I know you were semi-joking here, but I would not at all be surprised if this is part of the reason why the Thai gov makes things hard. In many cases a foreigner marries a woman from a poor background, and then starts helping out the direct family, including improving the education level - or at least chances at getting a decent education - of the younger generation. As a result, people who normally would not have a chance at upward mobility get this chance. And that upsets the status quo.

Sanuk!

One of the nieces going to a public school in Khon Kaen, 16 y.o....

I grilled her on math...she easily did algebra...geometry...a little slow on the trig...

There are some smart people in Isaan, without the hi-so international schools!!

Education begins at home!!!

• Like 1

Word problems in math require much more then rote learning, it requires some diagnostic thinking...very unusual for the

average Thai, IMO :dunno:

I often use real world examples...a one liter bottle of milk is 44 Baht...a larger, two liter bottle is 89 Baht...if I buy two, two liter

bottles, which is cheaper...I see the results running 50/50 (correct/incorrect)...requires thinking!