Thermae Mamasan

Sarisin

If you are a regular at Thermae, like I am, I am sure your paths have crossed with the old bat waitress who has been there since the fall of Ayudthayya.

She has been a real nemesis for me lately, pestering me for drinks and tips. When, I finally relent and buy her a drink, she never returns with the change and just pockets it. Last night she got herself a glass of water and kept the 100 baht I gave her.

This wouldn't be so bad except that she will often not go away. I really have to keep on the move to avoid her. I have tried to nicely tell her to take off, but she ignores this. Making matters worse, when this ancient one catches up with me, she starts rubbing my back, etc. making me want to vomit.

But, last night took the cake as far as I am concerned.

I was in the mood for lots of female company so I quickly secured a tripleheader which turned out to be outstanding. However, when the girls were dressing and getting ready to leave my place one commented that they were a little upset last night.

You see, the old bat came up to me and mentioned Oxx (not a four-legged ox here) was in attendance. I said, fine. A few seconds later she appeared in front of me. She had two very nice specimens with her.

Well, one of the girls told me that, "Mamasan made each of us pay her 100 baht because we go with you." 300 baht for the old bat. Now, I will confirm this, but I really don't need the services of a mamasan in Thermae. And, I do feel bad that she hit the girls up for a 'commission.'

You try to be nice to someone like this old bat, and here's what happens. Not a really big deal (I'm sure many of you wish you had my problems with a tripleheader), but it just annoys me that this old bat waitress is really taking advantage of the situation here.

Any suggestions as to what I can do next time I enter Thermae? Oh, and don't suggest I take the old bat home or I just might send her your way. smile.gif

Is the old hag just a waitress or a part owner?

Doesn't much matter but there's two ways to look at this.

1) If she's acting as a pimp or procurer, it's only natural that she gets a cut. ???

2) Could the bar or the hag be charging the girls to stroll there?

This is a sea change from the old Thermae SOP fer sure. I wanna hear more!

I like to go people watching at the Big T and I've had the same problem.

There is the stooped lady and there is another lady. Never had a problem with the stopped lady. It's the other gal that gets my goat. When she tried to massage me I told her to stop that. When she asks me for a drink I told her never again because I see you take the money and never get a drink. Told her she lied to me and I don't like that. She still comes by and says hello to me when I go in, but she never stays long. To me this girl is just like the Patpong touts. Got to be firm and even offensive till she gets the message.

<<burp>>

db, I don't think this old bat (the one gummi refers to as the stooped one) has nothing to do with Thermae management. I have heard she is a former BG (older than dirt, but, a former BG nonetheless).

I really don't think she acted as a pimp. She just knew I took one of the girls previously and mentioned to her I was in Thermae. Do mamasans in gogo bars get a cut whenever they bring a dancer over and sit her down next to a customer? I don't think so. Maybe some bars. I do know some mamasans expect a tip - from the customer, not the dancer.

I've never heard of Thermae charging freelancers to hang out there, although I have seen some pressure occasionally to buy drinks or leave. Not too pushy on that though usually.

Gummi, you give good advice, but, damn, I hate to be nasty with any Thais - even this pest.

Sarisin,

I know the old bird you are speaking about, and she has often given me the 'thumbs up' sign when I have been interviewing a girl. I have never had anyone tell me about having to pay her any money for this service, though I'm not doubting you. She even gave me the thumbs up on the psycho bitch the other night, so I don't put too much creedence in her recommendations!

Ranger

"She even gave me the thumbs up on the psycho bitch the other night, so I don't put too much creedence in her recommendations! "

you can say that again - not many do better 'interviews' than yourselves usually - and that quick...

enjoy ;-)

My post is really a curiosity. I would not call myself a regular at the Thermae but do pop in now and again. Being familiar with some of the girls in there, I am intrigued to learn who this "psycho bitch" is, and also what she has done to earn this accolade smile.gif

On the subject of the "stooped" mamsan, I have never experienced any of these problems with her, other than being tailed around the room in an attempt to purvey a beverage, as is the cusotm there.

Sorry to hear that your style has been cramped as you search for the elusive triple play. Contrarily, however, I recently enjoyed a reunion with the subject of your disdain. After a long absence, she claimed she remembered me as a regular in the late 80's. Definetely a dubious honor. At any rate, after that I felt a kinship with her, as opposed to the surronding collateral damage. And when she put a play on me, telling me in great detail what she would accomplish during a ST, the mere idea was so farfetched that it was one of the best belly laughs I had, which seemed to ingratiate me with the current flock over the next several memorable evenings. At least this much we seem to agree: When it gets down to business, the Therm is still the only real solution.

Archived