What do you all do on a Sunday in Bangkok?

steffi

For many it is recovery day...especially when realisation sets in that one must be up bright and early for work on Monday!

I actually like to go down to the river and just hang out, take photos and get a bit to eat down that way. At this time of year, it is especially nice anywhere on or near the river.

Stick

I live across the soi from Lumpini Park and just love spending time there on Sundays, with or without my lady from Saturday night. Peddle boats the ladies love, a few nice restaurants, and just a surreal escape from life in the big city. Good any day, but especially nice on Sundays.

The Lungs of Bangkok it is called.

Also, as I mentioned elsewhere, over the next 6 weeks, Silom Road will be closed to traffic and open to pedestrians in a weekly theme-based festival.

Super Sundays on Silom.

Sarisin,

I will be in Bkk on December 6th and will make a visit to Silom Road that first Sunday. Bangkok Phip also mentioned shopping on Silom with the stalls and street vendors. He said the price were better than Sukhumvit Rd where I shopped on my last trip. Would this be the same area? Where on Silom is this located? Thanks

I usually go to my gym and then some other point of interest around town due to less traffic.

Today, went to Silom street faire if you really want to call it that. I was very disappointed with what I experienced including girl watching. Maybe I had too high of expectations of what street faires are all about. Pretty bad!

Cardinalblue

Yesterday afternoon I was in a bar by the river at Thewet pier with some Thai friends. The view of the new unfinished Rama 8 bridge is just right from there. I didn't realise what a mad bridge it was, it looks especially good right now as it isn't finished. It just hangs there seeming to defy gravity.

Yeah, I thought i saw you repenting at The Holy Redeemer church (yes, a real church) in Soi Ruam Rudi. On the way from Suk to Patpong. Your a good man. --- the Pale Rider

quote:

Originally posted by short-time:

I don't know about you guys, but I go to church and repent - halleluiah! Praise the lord!! Hells bells!! Works for me.
smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by LeoTex:

Sarisin,

I will be in Bkk on December 6th and will make a visit to Silom Road that first Sunday. Bangkok Phip also mentioned shopping on Silom with the stalls and street vendors. He said the price were better than Sukhumvit Rd where I shopped on my last trip. Would this be the same area? Where on Silom is this located? Thanks

Not seeing what BP wrote, I suspect he was referring to the stalls on Silom starting at around Soi Sala Daeng (just exit the Skytrain and you will run into them) down to about the Narai Hotel. Quite a distance and, of course, you have the Patpong Night Market in between.

During these Sunday affairs there are even more vendors out than usual as the streets are closed to traffic. One would think there are some 'special deals' going on, but maybe not.

Actually, I think one of the best shopping areas close in is the Pratunam Market which is around the Amari and Indra Hotels. It can be a madhouse though and when it is hot out you can't take too much of it. Under the Indra Hotel though it is air-conditioned and there are some decent shops. Especially good prices on bags, suitcases, etc. That's where I have bought mine.

Archived