Foreign Farang Women

Steve

Okay a little clarification. I'm not asking if Thai women are preferably over falang women. Isn't this why we're on this board?

Just curious as to falang women NOT from your own country. Other 'developed' countries. Oz, Germany, England, America, Canada, NZ, France (do they count?--teasing to you know who--lol) etc.

I found I got along better with non American falang women. Be they Kiwis, European, etc.

I do appreciate the posts that have already been given though. : )

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I donno about stereotypes,I've been born in Russia,I"m living in Israel for 12 years,I've visit 8 times in Bulgaria for business,3 times in Greece,had 2 girlfriends from South America etc.All I told here is just my own experience.Maybe it's going together with stereotypes,so they right in this case.

My only and last love is LOS and TG's.Will relocate to Thailand in 20 days for now....:-)

Chocolat Steve,

Man, you really got your thread hijacked! smile.gif

Have you noticed that the foreign countries spawning the babes, with whom you've had exceptional experiences, all are countries that are a bit too short on Brothers? Hmmmm. Therein lies your answer...it's not your imagination.

As you probably figured or know, I'm as white as rice, and I never get the time of day from Scandinavian tourists/visa-workers in the US. Not even f*cking close. But, when I'm in Japan or LOS, and I, and my kind, have all kinds of alternate, superior options, the tourist/expat farang bitches loosen up--mightily.

Play that card 'til the cows come home. And, when the cows do come home, kick the bitches asses back out onto the street. laugh.gif

(edit: hey, CS--I distinctly recall you mentioning that you were Black..of course, I was really drunk at the time. But, if I am wrong, well, then...never mind.)

Vtombrown, you had me LMAO! Maybe that's it, they are down for the 'brothers'. And you are also very astute as I am a farang of the darker variety. lol. And I was partially drunk and missing Pattaya at the time I wrote my screen name also which I regret but mai pen rai might as well keep it. (not to hijack my own post : )

Anyway, I know of Brits locally that make out like bandits because of their accents. Americans love accents...at least certain kinds of accents (sorry Germans, Dutch, Russians and Spanish). They'll usually lump, Kiwis, Aussies, South African whites, Brits together and can't tell the difference but they do go for that accent. I am not too bad at telling the difference and actually got a NZ girl because I not only could guess her accent but new where the hell Auckland was! (lol).

I have a NY type of accent and when I first visited England I noticed the girls loved 2 types of American accents: Brooklyn and Texan. I reasoned because at the time the show Dallas was big and our crime dramas that are exported were usually based in NY.

You're right about Japan and LOS also.

CS,

At the risk of hijacking yet another thread (too late !), I have a question, given your rare gift re accents.

One of the guys who works on 'The Simpsons' claims that Aussies pronounce certain words in a very similar manner to Bostonians. Personally, I cant hear it - any thoughts ?

If there is any truth in it, I'd be willing to put money on the common Irish influence being the culprit smile.gif

I once called a board member to try to prove my identity while there was a doubt of my authenticty. When I asked him, "You come from Australia, don't you?." He was like, "How do you know that?" So, I told him, "Your accent gives it away." And he was very astonished !

May be he didn't expect a Thai can guess where he's from from his accent !

Very funny indeed !

GTG

The only similarities that I can see is pronouncing certain words with an 'ahh' sound. Ask an Aussie to say Australia and the '-trailia' portion is pronounced 'trahliyah' and ask a Bostonian to pronounce Boston and it sounds like 'Bah stan'. Both places have large Irish influence. A great number (I've read 25% of more) of early settlers in Oz were of Irish ancestry. And Boston has a huge Irish population, mostly congregating in South Boston.

Within Ireland the accents are distinctive and certain areas migrated to certain parts at different times. County Cork, Dubliners, residents of Trelawny, Ulster, have known to settle in certain parts of Irish neighbourhoods, in NYC, Chicago and Boston. And influenced accents but both places also have a wide range of other languages and dialects that affected their own manner of speech. Such as cockney in early Austrailian residents.

Did I just help hijack my own post?!

CS said :

Did I just help hijack my own post?!

Tee-hee smile.gif Serial Hijacker strikes again !

Thanks, Steve - confirmed a lot of what I believe to be the case. The only American accent I've ever been really taken aback by is the almost Nordic accent used in the film 'Fargo'. It is set in South Dakota (I think), and the locals (in the movie) all seem to have names like 'Gustafson' etc, so the Scandinavian thing may not be so far-fetched. Very broad accent. Bill Bryson points out some interesting speech patterns encountered on trips around the US - very funny writer if you get the chance to read one of his books.

The north central US has a lot of people of scandinavian descent. Although the Chinese were known as being employed to work on the transcontinental railroad in the 1800s, thousands of Swedes also worked on their. Also, Minnesota, Wisconsin and a few other states have a large number of people w/Nordic ancestry.

Getting back to the original point of the thread.....

I've read (New Scientist magazine) that the more genetically different a man is from a woman, the more attractive to her he is. So a man from the next village has a little more attractiveness, and a guy from the other side of the world is very attractive.

This derives from the theory that a woman's progeny benefits from having access to two disparate immune systems when assemblage´ takes place. Thus giving the child a better immune system itself.

I have noticed this in reactions of women to men from far away, since my childhood. At school the girls always fell over backwards for the exchange students. In any work place I have been in, visitors from afar have had the ladies hot and running. The women in my country find me only a little attractive, virtually any foreign women I meet will give me the courtesy of not dismissing me immediately.

So maybe it's all part of life's big mystery, or maybe evolution has sorted out the best way for a woman to give her child the best start in life.

Archived