Director Defends 'hitler Scene' In Thai Junta Film

waerth

Primary aim of Thai system is not too educate but to propagandize, so long as something contributes to the elites retaining their control over the people, it's okay - is my personal, completely unsubstantiated view. Education outcomes can be conveniently sacrificed on the altar of other objects of veneration. The best education teaches a population how to think for itself - not the outcome the elites are looking for.

Education began in Thailand with monks teaching novices and other boys to read and write at their temples. Even today many schools are connected to a wat. The monks taught by rote learning, and Thai schools have never really got away from that. I don't know if I'd say it is a conspiracy to keep the proles in line. I think it's more of the Thai habit of just continuing to do things the way they always have. Also, classes in many schools are much too large, and teachers simply haven't the time (or training) to teach any other way.

• Like 1

But what about what is happening now Flash. The revamping of the Educational curricula to heavily emphasize meeting the junta's idea of a good citizen (eg, do not question authority, no gathering in groups to criticize the gov, critical learning materials that could cause divisiveness being removed, even the recent edict to erase any mention of redshirts and Thaksin from history texts). Whether you agree with things or not, removing acknowledgement that they even exist isn't exactly conducive to critical thinking.

I think historically you may have captured the educational model, but Yim has hit on how the educational system is being manipulated and steered for a desired result. It's a legit criticism and a disturbing trend if it is actually carried through to fruition.

g.

I think historically you may have captured the educational model, but Yim has hit on how the educational system is being manipulated and steered for a desired result. It's a legit criticism and a disturbing trend if it is actually carried through to fruition.

The Tea Party is trying to do virtually the same thing in some US states. :p

The world's youth, relying on truth by popularity for their education, could be forgiven, after a quick googlie, for thinking Adolph was a performance artist.

more...

Hitler's coach ...

http://en.wikipedia....ik_Jan_Hanussen

http://www.guiltandpleasure.com/index.php?site=rebootgp&page=gp_article&id=101