Have been working out the details of a new Buddha sect I'm going to start up for those who aren't quite ready to leave the base level of the earth and be elevated to the state of Nirvana. There's still much work to be done down on earth after all. To maintain that non-elevation we'd carry out a ritual of mild tam-bap, collecting whisky and cigarettes for alms, and we'd even accept donations of that most illicit contraband --> academic texts critical of the government.

Then during the day we'd go carousing with women, catching 1st class flights, and slapping all those we deemed stupid. I call it the guan-deen path. :)

:devil: :devil:

Already been done! There are some good Tibetan traditions that involve lots of drinking, women and generally contrarian madness - The Divine Madman Drukpa Kunley from Bhutan, the in/famous Sixth Dalai Lama, Chogyam Trungpa...

From the Sixth Dalai Lama's poems:

This white bow in its cloth cover,

On whom shall I bestow it?

I will place it gently inside

My lover’s tiger-skin quiver.

To the east, between here and Gong,

There is neither high nor low.

When love has hold of your heart,

You go, go like a stallion.

This house has thin walls,

The neighbors will interrupt us!

You shameless girl,

Your moans are much too loud!

By mixing water and milk together,

A magician can make a golden turtle.

Possessing a lover’s body and spirit at the same time?

No magician can perform that trick!

And just imagine what kind of Buddhist culture produces the carvings and paintings found throughout Bhutan:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bhutan+wooden+penis+house+corner&espv=2&biw=1228&bih=903&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ejKRVOb0Oo67Pd-qgPAM&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

YimSiam

" Lots of idiots commenting on the Bangkok Post about how they would have punched out the monk. That would have been fascinating to see, especially the part where most of the Thai men in that carriage piled on the Farang and beat him half to death. Are some expats really so totally ignorant about the country they live in ? "

It would seem that way ...

I think the monk's loss of face in the video ( losing his cool) is much worse than a beating