• Last Reply

Hansum man,

I have a few "sure things" for you.

Mike Tyson over Buster Douglass in Tokyo-1990

USSR over USA in Olympic hockey-1980

University of Houston over NC State in the NCAA Basketball final-1983

St Louis Rams over New England Patriots in the Super Bowl-2002

Italy over North Korea in World Cup soccer-1966

I'm sure there are lots more examples of huge underdogs that won, but the point is eventually one of your "sure things" will lose and it will cost you dearly and wipe out all the small profits that you have been accumulating and maybe then some.

Ranger

" During the World Cup ? "

OK Sarasin , reading your previous posts , I think you are from New Jersey ( or that area) , your thoughts on the Net's chances are required , also , did you know what a World Cup was before you lived in Thailand ? smile.gif

BadaBing

One 100% cert is that next time I go to Bangkok I'll have had 25 bottles of Carlsberg by midnight, will find it impossible to walk in a straight line and won't know the name of the bird who's in bed with me in the morning.

Not sure of the sort of odds you'll get though.

Cheers

up the Latics

"I'm sure there are lots more examples of huge underdogs that won, but the point is eventually one of your "sure things" will lose and it will cost you dearly and wipe out all the small profits that you have been accumulating and maybe then some. "

i agree completely - that is why it is exciting! hence enjoyable

from your list - i would say that certainly i might have been willing to bet on the tyson match only and would've consequently suffered

in fact my only real set-back was the time i bet heavily on Gore to beat bush in the last US election - luckily i managed to limit the losses as the exit poll results started to filter through and bet heavily on Bush - still lost overall on that one even so

but by betting on accumulators and being careful i've been ok and like i mention - bet within my limits

thanks for the tip jp, i've backed the red wings with a few accumulators - Lakers too

(also put £1 on Saudi arabia to win the world cup at 10,000/1 with bet365.com just for fun)

any other tips?

Archived