I need advice from sports fans please!

ia hobby of mine is to bet on 'sure things' - i tend to bet heavily as the odds are generally poor - but i figure - if they are sure things then the risk of losing is nearly zero and i'm willing to take that risk (i bet within my financial limits)

by putting multiple sure things on an accumulator bet it makes it more worthwhile

to demonstrate my technqiue:

eg during the Germany-Saudi world cup game when it was 3-0 to germany I bet live via internet £6000 that Germany would win the bet (as i felt it was a sure thing at that stage in the game and judging from crap saudi performance) at 1/100 odds - made £60 profit for doing nothing at minimal risk

i've been doing this for the last 6 years and never had any hiccups as i make sure to research things and only bet on SURE things

my next plan is to make a £10,000 accumulator of the following sure things:

1. Cameroon to beat Saudi

2. Ireland to beat Saudi

3. Alex to be second eviction from Big Brother 3

4. Michael Schumacher to win formula won season

5. Italy to reach 2nd round of world cup

6. Brazil to beat China

can anyone tell me any other 'sure things' to add to my accumulator?

I'm particularly interested to hear of any sure things in American sports (which i know little about) or politics

Cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm particularly interested to hear of any sure things in American sports (which i know little about) or politics

On paper a sure bet in hockey (that is Ice hockey to Europeans) Stanley cup finals (starting on Tuesday - best of seven series) Detroit Red Wings vs. Carolina Hurricanes are the Red Wings as the new champion.

The Hurricanes are in the Finals for a reason. Bigger upsets have happened. The safe bet [if there is one] is to wait until the Wings are up 2-0.

2 sure things: death and taxes.

I agree, if you reseach it, you'll find the Red Wings are not only former champions, but some of their players are destined for the Hall of Fame. Its Carolina's first time and typically, the first time for a team does not go well at all.

Redwings should win comfortable in Game 1 as its on their home ice.

American baseball can offer some interesting money lines also. A great pitcher on his home field against a bottom place or near bottom team is usually a sure thing.

The Hurricanes are in the Finals for a reason. Bigger upsets have happened. The safe bet [if there is one] is to wait until the Wings are up 2-0.

I agree with you. Example Stanley cup finals 1995. Red Wings were a sure bet vs. the New Jersey Devils. They lost the finals 0:4. But in the meantime they surely have learned their lesson and they won the cup in 1997 and 1998. The Detroit Red Wings have at least 9 future Hall of famers on their roster. They are the oldest team in the league but they know how to play the game. But then again a surprise is always possible. My bet Wings in 6.

"Lakers over the Nets in 5"

i'm guessing u mean the LA lakers are in the nba final against the nets?

who are the nets and how sure is it that the lakers will beat them over 5 games??

Redwings should win comfortable in Game 1 as its on their home ice.

Home ice advantage didn't mean much during this year's play-offs. The Red Wings won many games on the road (6 out of 12 wins so far). Only in game 7 home ice is a real advantage.

What happened?

Am I trapped in a parallel universe or something?

A discussion about baseball, basketball and hockey on this board?

In the General Discussion Section?

During the World Cup?

A sure bet is that this thread won't hang around here long - but, I love it!

laugh.gif

Archived