I need advice from sports fans please!

Hansum_man, I'm sure you know by now that the RedWings have won game 3 and are up 2 games to 1 in the best of 7 series. However, it was extremely hard fought.

On paper, the RedWiings should be having a fairly easy time of it. But they are having to fight for each game.

If you parlayed the Redwings with the Lakers for both to win the series it may be a good idea to hedge with Carolina just enough to cover the principle.

I still think the RedWings will win and perhaps jp1 shares my optimism, but I think jp1 will agree it will not come easy.

Its just one of those series where the underdog is scrappy and playing well. The only analogy I can offer is the old Nott Forest teams that used to play well against the better premier teams.

Don't worry about the Lakers, they look great, well, let me rephrase that, they look bored. They are having an easy time of it, are ahead by a lot of points early in the game and lets the Nets sniff at the lead to make it a little exciting. They'll win 4 straight. 5 games at the very most as the next three games are in New Jersey.

Chok Dee!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hansum_man, I'm sure you know by now that the RedWings have won game 3 and are up 2 games to 1 in the best of 7 series. However, it was extremely hard fought.

On paper, the RedWiings should be having a fairly easy time of it. But they are having to fight for each game.

If you parlayed the Redwings with the Lakers for both to win the series it may be a good idea to hedge with Carolina just enough to cover the principle.

I still think the RedWings will win and perhaps jp1 shares my optimism, but I think jp1 will agree it will not come easy.

Yes, I share your optimism, but it will be a hard battle for the cup. The Hurricanes are for real and the Red Wings know that by now. I stick to my prediction: Wings in 6.

Hello CS

I agree the Laker's look almost bored with the Net's. Shaq is making free throws and Kobe looks as if he is toying with them. After last nights game , the Net's are done.

As for the Wing's , my pick in this thread was them in 5 , if they put another win on the board tonight , my pick may be good , if they don't , it may go 7.

BadaBing

BadaBing I agree with your analysis. Tonight's game is crucial for the RedWings. If it gets tied up again, Carolina will feel they have a fighting chance and they have played with their backs to the wall all through the playoffs. Also, they have great defense and their goalie is playing well.

A detroit win tonight should mean Redwings in 5 but 6 or 7 isn't outlandish due to Carolina's recent play throughout the playoffs.

BTW, Gotti died today.

Yeah, the 'Canes are pretty much done and buried. Next game in Detroit.

Early August is my next trip.

Looks like Hansum_man will be making a hansum_profit. Redwings up 3-1 and Lakers up 3-0. Both could end with the next games.

I think he needs to cut me, you and jp1 some of the winnings. Or we'll have to show him what John Gotti or Tony Soprano would do to guys who don't pay up!

"bada bing all over your new Ivy league suit!" - Sonny Corleone

Yeah , HM has been kinda quiet here since we guided him on the road to riches and fame , maybe he's passing out the winnings before collecting them , that's a NO-NO smile.gif

I guess come NFL season we will have to start a thread for " Our Picks of the Week "

BadaBing

i've been quiet cos i'v been busy and haven't been keping up with the US sports side of my recent betting frenzy - but i gather from what u guys have posted that the lakers and redwings have won already ??....cool

i'll be happy to cut u and anyone else that gave me winning advice in by buying the drinks next time we bump into each other in paradise

but i still have some way to go - so far my situation is:

i put a total of £10000 spread over 10 different accumulators (english term for the american 'parlay' i believe) with various permutations

most have won so far (brazil bt china, ireland and cameroon to bt saudi, redwings and lakers to win) but i've had a few minor setbacks (Alex not evicted in big brother, portugal losing against usa, Tyson lost to Lewis) - so i'm currently down £1500 but i'm still waiting on Schumacher to sew up the F1 title, Italy to make it through to the 2nd round, Brazil to top group C still on the lookout for more sure things though - if these all come to fruition i'll be up £3000

I think he needs to cut me, you and jp1 some of the winnings. Or we'll have to show him what John Gotti or Tony Soprano would do to guys who don't pay up!

Sorry for late reply. Just came back tonight from a 3 days buz trip to BKK. Great trip both for buz and leasure. If the Red Wings win tonight I'll really be happy. They are after all my favorite team. But today's game is not yet won. The NHL suspended one of the Red Wings top defensemen for one game for cross checking. That's Jiri Fischer who will be out tonight. Strange decision by the NHL because there was no penalty called to Fischer in the last game.

Archived