Michael Moore V Snipers

bust

I liked Michael Moore a lot when he first emerged with "Roger and Me," (film about the decline of Flint Michigan and the auto industry -- illustrating the corruption and apathy of executives bailing out with multi-million dollar packages while the front line staff got it pretty fucking bad), That's a good film.

But when I saw Bowling for Columbine was pretty disgusted by the ambush of Charlton Heston. This is after Heston's already been diagnosed with Alzheimers and is an easy target - Moore pretended to do an interview on the NRA, and then pulled out a picture of a young child who was shot and implied that Heston's support of the NRA supported the shooting of children.

I'm for better gun controls in America, but this scene was so fucking distasteful it tarnished my perception of Moore ---> it literally was blatant sensationalism in an attempt to get more attention. Just a disappointment.

sidenote: After 9/11 there was reluctance by major media (in U.S.) to be critical of aggressive foreign policy, and they certainly regret that now in the aftermath of the Cheney/Bush.... ahhh nevermind, not going to start. Moore's film Farenheit 9/11 backfired ---> released just prior to the election to oppose Bush's 2nd term, it was just polarizing and didn't make any converts - rather soothed the egos of his fans. I'm happy his importance has diminished and now he has to resort to obnoxious tweets to get attention. He started brilliant but got too full of himself too quick.

• Like 1

Clint Eastwood makes movies. He's not concerned about the truth.

You said it, and without getting into the argument too much, we should all remember that Hollywood essentially is propaganda. If you (Hollywood) can't have the populace living in fear (Alien films, Zombie films, War films, Disaster films), then you're not doing your job.

• Like 1