Thai Baht Update

jon46

Dean - what do you mean by the "posted" rate?

I would say normally in these types of informal exchanges, the middle of the two rates are used.

So for example the rates at BKK bank on Friday:- so the informal exchange rate would be 32.38 x 5,000 = THB 161,900

Buy Rate 32.07 Sell Rate 32.69

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean, just go to Siam Exchange across from MBK, usually the best rates.

Really? Good to know. I've only ever used Vasu and Superrich, finding they generally had the best rates. Superrich has apps online for Android and iOS both for their green and orange shops. Do Siam Exchange have their rates online?

Anyone know what the deal is with Superrich and its multiple shops across from Central World?

I'm in Bangkok for most of 1 day, May 21, before catching a flight to Chiang Mai at 6. The plan is to go by Rutnin Hospital to have my eyes examined (which I do on a bi-annual basis) and then go by MBK to have a couple of Ipad screens replaced and a IPhone 6 screen replaced and sometime go by the train station to have luggage shipped to Chiang Mai. I am assuming that, on changing money, I'll be given mainly 1,000 baht notes, so that should triple the size of the wad of cash that I will be carrying securely. I would prefer to wait until I get to Chiang Mai to do the exchange but, if I do it while in Bangkok, I 'll do it before heading to Don Mueng, which would get me to postpone the eye exam until Chiang Mai or wait until June 9, my last day in LOS.

I'm in Bangkok for most of 1 day, May 21, before catching a flight to Chiang Mai at 6. The plan is to go by Rutnin Hospital to have my eyes examined (which I do on a bi-annual basis) and then go by MBK to have a couple of Ipad screens replaced and a IPhone 6 screen replaced and sometime go by the train station to have luggage shipped to Chiang Mai. I am assuming that, on changing money, I'll be given mainly 1,000 baht notes, so that should triple the size of the wad of cash that I will be carrying securely. I would prefer to wait until I get to Chiang Mai to do the exchange but, if I do it while in Bangkok, I 'll do it before heading to Don Mueng, which would get me to postpone the eye exam until Chiang Mai or wait until June 9, my last day in LOS.

I could do all that in one day, plus visit a friend in Lat Yao, if I wasn't drunk again upon arrival. Which I will be, after two months without a drink and nothing to do but work...

YimSiam