Nation Tv's New 4-D Studio At The Coast On-Air Today

Coss

But but but, he said (and the article too) 4-D, not 4DTV. The article even states it as being the "

first four-dimension studio in Thailand."

Anyway I thought 4DTV was old hat. Not really my thing all this moving picture malarkey, it'll never catch on you know. My mates at the local Luddite society tell me.

I'm still not sure anout the soapy's vs soapies thing.

"The Bt50-million new studio comes with the most modern technology and equipment"

More horseshit!

Manually operated cameras on wheeled dollies and fixed tracks are not modern! Remote operated cameras on fully articulated arms are a bit more up to date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4D_film

4D film or 4-D film is a marketing term for an entertainment presentation system combining a 3D film with physical effects that occur in the theatre in synchronization with the film. Effects simulated in a 4D film may include rain, wind, strobe lights, and vibration. Seats in 4D venues may vibrate or move a few inches during the presentations. Other common chair effects include air jets, water sprays, and leg and back ticklers. Hall effects may include smoke, rain, lightning, air bubbles, and smell.

Because physical effects can be expensive to install, 4D films are most often presented in custom-built theatres at special venues such as theme parks and amusement parks. However, some movie theatres have the ability to present 4D versions of wide-release 3D films. The films Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008) and Avatar (2009) are among the films that have received a 4D treatment in certain theatres.[1]

There is no consistent standard for using the term "4D" when describing the presentation of a film. 4D films have also occasionally been marketed as 5D, 6D, 7D, 8D, 9D, 11D, 15D and so on in order to emphasize the variety or uniqueness of their theatre effects.

Notable formats for providing different aspects of a "fourth dimension" to films include Sensurround, Smell-O-Vision and 4DX.

The 4DTV you describe has been mostly out of mainstream use for a long time.

4K TV would make sense, however what they are talking about is just the added effect, shaking, wind (not farts) etc as described above/

This sites ignorance astonishes me to be honest.

4DTV is the HDD version of Digi Cypher 2 format, I kept my gob shut for 24 hours to allow PTBM or RM to express their knowledge but they failed to impress.

In Lay mans terms 4DTV is akin to a PDF as opposed to a JPEG, lots of data TX with a small footprint based upon TVRO (Television Receive Only) technology.

FFS I use 4DTV for a station wide CCTV viewing and recording systems in rural Vietnam, it really is that old hat, or is it modern tech I am telling the commies about? Never look ones paymaster down the throat!

Smell o vision mmmmmmm.....

Perhaps the sarcasm was lost, how do you smell colours, slow motion, picture in picture? Ya can't smell vision! Like full colour or monochrome taste!

Vector or pixel based touch?

I recall experiments done in the UK with scratch-n-sniff. You were supposed to rub off the covering on a piece of card at certain points in a TV show then smell the card to be aware of the aroma at that moment. So in a cooking show you could have a sausage smell is they were showing how to cook sausages etc.

I think most of the patches actually smelled somewhat like a week old dog turd so it soon fell out of favour not to mention the simple absurdity of the whole thing.

Who can forget the feelies and pneumatic females from Aldous Huxley's Brave New World.