Is There A Snake Expert In The Room

" Snake eats rats and mice/gets fully belly/has to shed skin because full up now/goes and has sleep for a month. "

I was happy today after looking all over garden for fresh skins and not finding anyway, after putting sulphor everywhere. I thought it may have moved on, hope it's not sleeping somewhere for a month as you suggest. :sad:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" What was the width of the shedded skin? "

Approx 4cm

After an exhaustive and exstensive search of the garden, second day, happy to report, no further shedded skin sightings.

post-55327-0-77439500-1427024873_thumb.jpg

4cm, so allowing that the skin would have dried and shrunk, we can assume that the snake is roughly 4cm in diameter, not a small snake. Likely to be a constrictor, i.e. python, non poisonous, but that's a guess.

IMHO a very good candidate for a curry.

" Put some sand near each hole so you can see if a snake is moving about the house "

Yes thanks, same idea already done this and banked up to see if disturbance, no crawl space underneath, at ground level. There are minor defects in the concrete where wall meets floor, cracks and small holes. Once established snake is gone will arrange repair of defects. This is third day and no signs of snake skin.

Hmmm, those holes might also indicate rodents are living at your house. :elephant:

No, or at least never any sign or indication, the holes and cracks are defects rather than made by rodents.