Hair Removal

Steve

I see ads here in the states for it and the prices are dropping. Is it available in Pattaya? I have a little hair on my back that I would love to get rid of. Its not a whole lot and I've never gotten any looks from women in the states or in LOS but my vanity needs appeasing. I want to get rid of it permanently and perhaps some on my forearms.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100 views and not a single reply Steve . . . I'm guessing that a fair number of guys nervously peeking at this thread could do with a bit more hair rather than giving any away? blush.gifwink.gif

(Luckily, I am not one of them. As you can see from my photo, I am currently sporting a fashionable 1980s' "mullet" haircut, as popularised by the (male) casts of Australian soap operas and members of "New Romantic" rock groups of that glorious epoch blush.gif.)

Steve, perhaps one of our follically-challenged brothers might be willing to purchase some of your unwanted "back" fuzz out of which to fashion a realistic toupee? I've got some pesky wayward pubes round my arsehole that I'd gladly part with too, if the price was right. smile.gif

LOL

Jack wink.gif

Jack, regarding your pubes. Thanks.......but no thanks. lol. But thanks for taking pity on my post. Its getting cheaper here but I thought LOS may offer it and at a much lower price. They do it by laser I believe.

Hi CS, I have considerable hair on my back, and share your vanity for wanting to get rid of it.

I tried waxing from a local dermatology office (I also live in the US) a couple of times and suffered significant discomfort everytime the technician (or sadist) ripped the hair out of my skin. About 90 minutes of torture and $65 per session for each session.

The nurse then suggested laser hair removal. $500 - $600 USD per session, should remove all hair permanently after 3 or 4 sessions, but they don't guarantee anything. This lasts about 2 hours and consists of about 1500 - 2000 laser shots to all parts of the back, with each shot having varying amounts of pain. I would liken it to getting a good size tattoo.

I just had my 2nd session about 1 month ago, and am still bare, but expect some more growth in the next month or 2. Not sure if I will continue this treatment due to the expense and uncertainty of results. I might be interested in trying this in Thailand if the costs are more reasonable and they have the right equipment (this is very important).

Also, having the right skin tone and hair color is important for laser removal. I have fair skin and dark hair, which is ideal for laser hair removal. Tanned or darker skin is not as conducive for laser treatment and requires special equipment. Lighter hair does not respond well to lasers.

If you don't have much hair, waxing will remove it without too much cost and discomfort, although it usually grows back in 6 - 8 weeks.

Sorry, no info on treatment available in Thailand since I live in the US and currently only vacation in the LOS (that will change next year).

Hey, being a "ling" in Thailand is not so bad.

Shotover

Thanks, I've seen prices quoted in the papers adversiting 'specials' for as little as $199. Its not too bad so until they come up with a less painful method and one more condusive to dark skin, I'll grin and bear it. I appreciate your post.

I'm genuininely hooked on this thread now. Maybe I am going secretly bald blush.gif. I know there are some "doctors" floating around, so maybe they can back me up or shoot me down, but I am sure there is no such thing as PERMANENT hair removal, lasers or not.

Like bad dreams or ugly girls, they always come back, don't they?

j wink.gif

a good while ago i bought a multi purpose electric razor/hair plucker at the emporium in bangkok. it had two, interchangeble heads, one a shaver, one a plucker. it was called a silk epiel, by braun. i figure it was intended for women, but who cares. i use it on my arm pits, upper arms, fingers, and the base of my shaft, which looks longer when it's not hidden by growth. it hurts like all get out the first time, after that it just feels like a tug. it won't work on beards or pubic hair, where it's thick and strongly rooted. plucking the hair does away with next day stubble, or seeing a shadow under the skin. it lasts for awhile. for your back, if you can't contort to do it yourself, have a girlfriend do it for you.

i also bought a wahl clipper, sent away to the u.s. for the attachments, use it on my chest, stomach, pube, scrotum, fore arms and legs. i have a fair amount of body hair, and it grows long. i got tired of being shaggy.

and i can tell you, if you go over your scrotum with a 1/8 inch attachment, the ladies will have no qualms about sucking it for you. clipping the scrotum hair short is preferable to plucking or shaving it, as the hairs give added sensation.

for all of you who are snickering about guys removing hair being effeminate, check out some of the women's magazines. lots of letters from women wishing men would trim body and pubic hair, and remove hair in certain places. being manly doesn't have anything to do with looking like a chimpanzee.

very educating.

what, in your opinion, would be the right procedure of squeezing pimples? especially the ones on the butt are very disturbing.

Archived