Thailand Airport Security: New Bangkok Measures Lifted After Massive Delays

cavanami

Reminds me of the USA security after 9/11...

Thailand Airport Security: New Bangkok Measures Lifted After Massive Delays

http://www.ibtimes.com/thailand-airport-security-new-bangkok-measures-lifted-after-massive-delays-2016331

One of the two international airports in Thailand's capital city has abandoned its new security measures that were imposed just three days ago, according to a new report. The now-former security mandate at Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok had required passengers traveling both domestically and internationally to run all carry-on and checked luggage through x-rays machines before checking in, but the hour-long delays it was causing was reason enough to not adhere to it any longer, the Bangkok Post reported.

In particular, insufficient scanners were the cause of long lines and delays. Travelers were surprised by the new security measures because the measures were only quietly posted to the airport’s website July 17, Coconuts Bangkok reported.

woo woo woo

This isn't correct information

I fly just about weekly

all hand carry bags ave always gone through an xray machine

Now if bags going underneath now have to be examined in front of a passenger, well, that's new, otherwise in the past I "assumed" that bags got xrayed on the conveyor belt

Maybe we are finding out those machines aren't xray machines at all . . . . . . . .

I've never had a bag opened in a Thai airport, in or out. Always brought way more duty free than I'm allowed.

Only places ever to check were once Auckland where they checked Suitcase 1990 and Sydney, a Carryon with a camera in it, transit in '92 I think.

It depends where you are flying to. If going to the USA, the Thai airports does an inspection of your carry-on

at the gate, before you board the plane.

Flying to other locations, they do not do the extra check at the gate (actually before you enter the waiting area by the gate).

Last time I flew out of DM, over one year ago, they did the x-ray of all my luggage.

So why all the drama now :dunno:

The USA demands that planes flying into the USA do the extra security checks, thus the check at the gate

area in Thailand, then like me, I transit thru Narita where they do another check.

Just a pain in the arse and as many know, it is BS as people still take guns on to the planes!