For Flash mostly,

I learnt yesterday that decedents of the last Chaing Mai kings are identified with "Na Chiangmai" including males, I notice one of the decedents married a lady who's surname was "Na Lampun" I can only assume this is an identifier of her ancestry.,

The Chiang Mai royals do use na Chiangmai, and it carries much respect even now in the north. I knew Chao Korkaew Prakaikavil na Chiangmai, sometimes called Princess Koko by tongue tied Farangs.

When I mentioned once that my wife's great grandmother was a na Chiengtung, she said that was her mother's family. (The old rulers of Chiengtung, aka Keng Tung in the Shan States). But sometimes a "na XXX" name may not mean any sort of royal descent, e.g. the na Songkla family, which is Chinese and was awarded that name by Rama VI. But at the very least, it indicates the family was prominent and wealthy once upon a time. (In my wife's case, quite a long time ago. :( ) Pridi Bhanomyong's wife was a na Bombejra, awarded when her family had requested a surname from Rama VI. He chose that because they lived near the Bompet bastion of the Ayutthaya city wall. (Again, they were Chinese merchants.)

The members Chakri Dynasty family acknowledge the na Chiang Mai family as equal royals, but I doubt that goes for any of the other "na XXX" names.

p.s Now aren't you sorry you asked? ;)

Lamphun is famous throughout Thailand for its BEAUTIFUL WOMEN :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba: :hubbahubba::grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

With the additional advantage there is an airport 40 km away in Chiang Mai . The world`s most beautiful women are not worth anything if you have to consider 5 hours on the bus to get there . One way . A recently discovered potential love of my life came from Surin which made her disappear from my shortlist .

" Lamphun is famous for its beautiful women ".... who have all left to work in Pattaya and Bangkok. :grinyes::hubbahubba:

That was in the past, when the North provided most of the BGs and MP girls. But by the early 1980s, Issan had far surpassed the North in filling the demand. My Mrs is from the North, and she tells me when people would learned that, that they'd invariably tease her by saying Dok Kham Tai. (Amphur Dok Kham Tai in Phayao was famous for its light skinned women, who for many years won most of the beauty contests and also were the mainstay of the naughty nightlife.) Nobody remembers Dok Kham Tai any more.