New bra-less fashion

Palatkik

My 'cruel' comments were directed at the inclusion of the 'way she was dressed' quote by the author in his article, not at you.

My apologies if you took them as directed at you. They were not intended as such.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, ain't got no statistics ready, but just guessing from the enormous amount of rape stories women here told me, reading the papers, speaking with cops and rescueworkers.

My wife told me her school starting in the 5th grade required all female students to wear a bra, whether they had boobs or not. (The gals were 11 years old! How many 11 year olds do you know with more than budding nipples?)

-------------------------------

Not only that but this is also sexualizing kids, psychologically at least, telling them they are a sexual objects before being a kid, and both instilling a sense of shame and femalehood on them that may set them up for the roles men (and teachers) expect from them very soon (wife/whore...). IMO

when my missus was a bit older she already carried a knife for protection whenever she went out with her friends. girls never went anywhere alone, only in groups.

>No source, no detail, no telling us how you get to know all these people (shhh...Top secret),<

well, i met my missus when she started working as a cook at the place i lived... smile.gif

[color:blue]My wife told me her school starting in the 5th grade required all female students to wear a bra, whether they had boobs or not. (The gals were 11 years old! How many 11 year olds do you know with more than budding nipples?)color=blue>

Some girls apparently do have boobs at that age. Assuming that the proper thing for young women is to wear a bra, then forcing all female students to wear a bra is probably the right thing to do. Forcing only those with noticeable boobs to wear one would subject them to unnecessary ridicule and attention; and then a few years later the ones who didn't wear a bra would be singled out.

[color:blue]Not only that but this is also sexualizing kids, psychologically at least, telling them they are a sexual objects before being a kid, and both instilling a sense of shame and femalehood on them that may set them up for the roles men (and teachers) expect from them very soon (wife/whore...). IMO color=blue>

This is quite a stretch, IMO. Even at 11 kids are somewhat aware of sex and sexuality. In a conservative society there is nothing wrong with asking young people to dress conservatively (to be fair, that same society should prevent boys wearing tight trousers). I'm not saying that all societies should force their children to be ashamed of their naughty bits, but this request is not unreasonable. The parts are there, it is silly to try to pretend they are not.

Archived