Psychiatric Help Needed...?

Old Hippie

DB,

Good advice, but I have crossed the USA 7+ times by car, and several other long road trips. To quote Little Feat, "...I been from Tuscan to tumacori, thachapie to Tonahpah..." I also love this area, and do find decent times here cheap. I think in all honestly, I just need a change for awhile. I am reminded of the old joke about the guy who dies and is given a choice of heaven or hell, heaven has guys stanging around drinking coffee ankle deep in shit, hell has guys on there heads in shit, so the guy chooses heaven, 5 minutes later a bell rings, in walks St. Peter and says breaks over, back on your heads...Moral is, the grass is perhapes always greener on the other side. But I think I'd like to live on the other side for awhile. Still lots to see and do here at home, but I think I like the exotic new appeal of Asia, and would like to spend more time there. Still, I miss the place something feirce, worse than any previous trips. And yes, asd Zanemay said, I have also planned my next trip.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Old Hippie,

So.....did anything happen on this trip that was different from all the others? Or did the hook just get buried deeper this time, not letting you remove it as easily as previous visits.

Or maybe it was something that happened when you got back, not necessarily making LOS more attractive, but making US less attractive???

Or did you fall in love this time? smile.gif I know you fell in love MANY times each day, but maybe you finally met THE ONE!

Wait...I know....you finally got to go L/T with the tequila swiggin' daughter of "Annie's" MP owner.

You sly dog. smile.gif

HT

If it's like the way I feel too at the moment, and it gets worse after every trip, my body is back home but my spirit remains back in Thailand roaming the bars, the streets, the restaurants, the shops, the hotel rooms.....................like the ghost that walks........................

Dear Hippie,

I have thought about this some more and read responses following mine. Handyman suggests what I was going to add. Want to stop feeling sad in SF? Find a GF. There are LOTS of non-farang girls.

I have been dating black women for 15 years. I have met them in black bars (lived with her for a year and are still good friends) or in passing and especially by placing personal ads in papers like the Bay Guardian.

Black women have a lot in common with Thai women. Most of them already have more than equal rights in their culture because they have been the breadwinners. A lot of them are fed up with "their" men who they see as butterflies, but they have less sweet terms for them. They respond to jai dee men. They do sex REAL NICE - it's kind of a cultural pride thing. They know they have IT and they appreciate men who recognize IT. They like to help out nice confused white guys and kind of guide us in their world. They have SLAMMIN' bodies!

Of course that might not be your cup of tea, and if you actually LOOK like an old hippie then you might not be theirs. You can always find yourself an old hippie lady with the oil and the beads and who can go "downtown" real good.

I'm not saying you will forget Thai girls, but I am saying you will be happier to be home.

Zane

I know this problem since years very well.

You write you like your job and your home. So the virus is not full awake at the moment. The problem will come much more serious when you start to hate your job, your house, your place and when you start get boring to your friends etc.

A professional psychological doctor can not help against this virus, because he has not a recipe against that. Doctors works always with the school medicine and the idea of the western lifestyle.

It's a virus and the only way is to move to LOS/SEA or try to travel every year for some month. I know this way is not easy but i don't know a better medicine against that virus and alle the problems coming with that.

Actually...I was driving to work the other day, and said I hate the traffic and am reallt fed up with it! I am also sick of working 7 days a week...so I think Mentors is right, it could be getting worse! I hit LOS about 3-5 times a year, and it does help.

As for anything special happening this trip, yes, lots! I broke off with a girl I had been occassionally seeing there for several years, she just got to be a pain. I also met 2 nice teachers, one up country, one in BKK, not in love yet. Also saw the ex GF, from my extended stay there a few years back, she looks great, and we had a nice time together, she now has her own hair shop! I also got invited to lots of family activities from some long time friends etc... As I said before, I think it comes to just wanting a change, maybe mid-life crises- Bullshit or something, I did turn 40 this last trip. Not really sure, but yes, it is the worst it has ever been.

This last visit for me was the confirmation that I will be making some more changes in my life and taking more control of its direction - in a years time, after another couple of visits there, I am going to spend 3 months of every year in LOS - come back home, work hard for nine months and then to LOS for three months - this is the only way to satisfy my tortured soul that needs what the Kingdom has to offer! The time will come, have just got to keep it together until then. frown.gif

Maybe OH, an extended stay is your solution - as well as that, I can tell you that the BIG 40 does bring on changes in life and once this settles down you will re-focus and see what you really want out of life and how to get it.

To quote Little Feat, "...I been from Tuscan to tumacori, thachapie to Tonahpah..."

I think original credit goes to Graham Parsons.

Hope you're feeling better these days Old Hippie. Next trip gets closer every day!!

I did turn 40 this last trip. Not really sure, but yes, it is the worst it has ever been.

Hey Hipster!! You've at least got youth on your side!! crazy.gif

Whenever I've read your posts, I've pictured this old guy probably pushing 60! You're not old at all man!! I'm 48 and think of myself as too young to ever really have been a hippie.

Archived