No reports of Thais affected by deadly quake in Morocco

Coss

No Thais were reported to be among the more than 2,000 people killed in the earthquake that struck Morocco late Friday night, officials said.

Kanchana Patarachoke, director general of the Foreign Ministry's department of information, said that the Thai Ambassador in Rabat had not yet received any reports of Thai nationals affected by the earthquake...

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40030939

This is of course great news. In related concerns, it falls to me, to be able to report that Thais were reported to be among the more than 100,000 people who are moving about the North Shore of Auckland City, this morning.

There is a man mowing his lawn down the road from me, and he has sparked concerns that a Thai person may be injured should his/her/they're foot, get under the edge of the running Lawn Mower.

Officials have noted that the small amount of blood and a tiny clawed foot, found amongst the lawn clippings, from the man's lawn mowing efforts, were more than likely to have come from a small rat.

"Can Eat?" a passing Thai was heard to comment.

I have noticed the xenophobic reporting over the years.

• UK Headlines       2,000 Killed in Disaster 
  • NZ Headlines       2,000 Killed in Disaster 
  • Oz Headlines       2,000 Killed in Disaster 
  • Thai Headlines     No Thai Killed in Disaster 
  • USA Headlines     Florida Man arrested for Masturbating with a Pickle on Private Property 

Note Florida Man Headline was not made up.