Marriage visa

Guys great info so far on this thread ! A little more needed,if anyone can help. # 1 = Minimum amount of money needed in total,by authoroties, to live under Marriage Visa rules.? # 2= If work permit needed, has a person an easier chance to obtain one when married to a Thai? # 3= IF the woman has the bulk of the money,any way the government need know this,as I presume it is not usually the case? TIA....AUSSIEJOHN.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about the money part, but work permits have nothing to do with you personal situation. Works permits are stricktly job/position related. You need a position for which the comapny is allowed to hire a non-Thai, and you need to show proof that you are qualified. Of course nothing is impossible in Thailand.

One of my colleagues bought a house last year. He may have done so in his wife's name though. She's a bank employee and they have one child. Not much chance of her running off on him. Loo Doot also bought a house last year, if you ever see him anymore. Ask him how he did it. He's also married with an infant child. It's my understanding that currently you may own enough land for a house and yard. It's not my idea of much of a yard (I like at least half an acre!), but it might satisfy most city folks.

OzJohn, I imagine the magic amount is 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account. That's what it takes for a retirement visa. If it's the same, it's 800,000 in an account OR 55,000 a month coming in from outside the country. It's an either/or situation.

BTW being married has nothing to do with your work permit. But you may find it easier getting a job if you already have your own visa.

Archived