No decorum/professionalism anymore…

Old Hippie

So we, Mrs. Hippie and I were walking down the street yesterday and in the general area between Soi 7 and 7/1, some girl, who I may or may not know/have known long ago, perks up smiles and starts towards us, I shook my head and waived her off with my hand. Mrs. Hippie noticed the girl’s actions and asked if I knew her I said “…no, don’t think so…” she said “…maybe you know her from before..?” I said “…maybe, but I don’t recognize met, maybe she’s just looking for a customer…who knows?” That was the end of it. But seriously, it was obvious I was with my wife or another woman, so why make trouble, just be quiet and move along, no need to spark attention…serious lack of professionalism with these girls these days…

• Haha 1

Playing the devils advocate here, but what about decorum on your behalf?

Is it deemed polite and acceptable behavior to take your wife to areas in Bangkok which are known for  women of lower morals than your average Thai female, an area where you in the past may have frequented and associated with such women.

Even though I have been out of “The scene” for many a year now, I wouldn’t consider taking my wife to “Ground Zero” on the off chance that someone may recognise me and similar situation transpiring.

After all  Bangkok is quire a large metropolis with literally 1000’s of other places to go to, why would one chose to take your wife to that area.

I am not being judgmental, of course you are free to take your wife wherever you wish too, but I am questioning your rationale of exposing yourself and your wife to the chance of this happening and then blaming the third party.

Maybe you are just getting used to this married life lark😂

Well there is that side of the coin as well then….

Basically, my wife does not know Bangkok, and having figured, wrongly apparently, that enough time had passed since my last forey  into this neck of the shire, all would be good. She also expressed interest in seeing the area as she had seen it on YouTube…sadly, or worsely, she has also expressed interest in seeing Khao Saran Road…Stayed out by On Nut before, cheaper and a bit nicer, we usually don’t stay in this area, but last minute embassy business etc…

No time is enough time, many years ago in the late 90’s I used to frequent Hogs Breath in Nana Plaza of a late afternoon / early evening, even though it was a Gogo by night, daytime it served as the unofficial Bangkok social headquarters of Bechtel Engineering and employees from all over the world on R’n’R in Thailand would pop in for a beer and a chat, Bob (rest his soul) the owner was ex-Bechtel.

It must have been 20 years later when the daytime mamasan of Hogs Breath saw me somewhere far away from the bar areas and started calling my name, lucky for me I was solo at that moment and in typical British fashion lowered my eyes and scuttled off in the opposite direction. It can happen anytime or anywhere.

KSR is OK for a once off visit now and again, great place for “People Watching” but I prefer Thanon Rambutri which runs parallel with KSR , there was a place there did Kung Yang to die for. Ramnutri also extends the other side of Chakrabongse Road (KSR Police Station End) and some very relaxing chilled out places on that side.

Thai girls never forget. I had one recently say hello who I met in Carousel which closed about 12 years ago. Even remembered my name.

Agree with Kong there's a high risk of being spotted along that stretch. As for the girls I don't really think they process what is and isn't appropriate when placed in that position.

Sounds handled.

9 hours ago, Mekong said:

No time is enough time…

It can happen anytime or anywhere…

KSR is OK for a once off visit now and again, great place for “People Watching” but I prefer Thanon Rambutri which runs parallel with KSR , there was a place there did Kung Yang to die for. Ramnutri also extends the other side of Chakrabongse Road (KSR Police Station End) and some very relaxing chilled out places on that side.

That is the real problem…over the years, I’ve racked up an impressive body count, as any respectable punter will. I blessed my game far an wide around the globe…I have run into the passed in many areas, I’d never expect…Las Vegas, Thai temple in the SF Bay Area, hospital worker in Bangkok…it never seems to end, there really is no distance too far or any time long enough, and Bust is correct, Thai girls never forget…

KSR, or the area near there does have some decent places, it is just the douche bag youngster crowd on KSR that tweets me at times…more on them later…

Rico posted that on here, but didn’t post very much on this one.

He and I plus about another 10 guys used to have a place  on the original MSN Forums around the turn of the millennium , a couple of us Bangkok and the others in UK or USA, used to meet up when members were in town and for Football WC 2002, which was in Japan and Korea, all of us were in Pattaya for a month. 
Oh happy days !