Golden Ball nominations

racha

Seaman was never right after he went down hard earlier in the game. No way anybody jumps to that ball after a back strain. Brilliant but stoppable shot, if only someone else had been 'tween the sticks.

Mandarin looks like it was designed by a lesbian on ecstacy and a drunk 14 year-old boy.

BelgianBoy, I mean every word of that!! (smile) Friedel is the man! Someone on this board I think but I know I heard somewhere that even Kahn himself said Freidel is the one goalkeeper that he rates highly.

Seaman's back injury may have done him in. Seaman is also getting a little up there in age, I hope Arsenal considers him as a replacement.

What's wrong with Freidel anyway? He played superbly. If you look at possession time most of the US games about 70 percent of the time the other side had the ball. He survives corner kicks, free kicks, numerous volleys. He's a stud. What other GK in the cup rivals him other than Kahn?

I feel confident that sage footballers past and present (Sven, Scolari, etc.) echo my sentiments about Roberto Carlos and David Seaman. I'd much rather have them on my side than a gun-totin' Blackstone Ranger. These guys are starting for one reason only - b/c they are the best at what they do as compared to those around them (which in each case is a supreme compliment).

You just can't argue with all those Champion's League wins, Premiership titles, and the countless testimonials of so many players. To do so, is, well, just not rational.

Guess what, your bullet hit my sherrif's shield. Bang - Enjoy the dirt of Tombstone, Arizona. You're dead.

froggo

Kahn is a worthy choice, and the German press be damned for blaming him for their ills. This "one mistake and you are blamed for all the problems of your side" mentality is quite frustrating to me.

Enjoy the quiz, Racha. "The Mrs." is not feeling well tonight, so I should be around home for her - that is the reason behind the reason why I cannot attend.

By the way, a great success bringing the football to PP the other night, huh? All those naked girlies bouncing that ball around - super sight!

Cheers,

f

Archived