Who are these strange men?

bibblies

Pigs Arse... it's not me. I have seen a guy in Thermae everytime I have been there that is really tall and dresses in all black with black hair and a funny little black hat that is too small for his head perched on top. A real weirdo if ever there was one, he just wanders around looking lost with a predatory gaze in his eyes.

But has anyone seen the guy who hangs out at woodstock every friday night up in the booths that bares a striking resemblance to the lead singer from the 80s band "Frankie goes to Hollywood"? I think he may be a board member.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another two "interesting" characters:

Nosferatu

German, 45, shaved head, wears black, goes to Thermae sunday nights. Claims to be a pimp, left South America, Venezuela ? when it became "too hot"...

Fingernail

Anglo-Irish, 55, again shaved head, had bar in Soi Yodsak 3/4 years back, trouble with the Thai authorities over his export business, jumped bail, now persona non grata in the Kingdom. Distinguishing feature: extremely long nail on little finger of left hand.

Anyone know them ?

Ah, big fat round guy and Mullet Head. I missed those.

I assume by Mullet Head that you mean the tanned, very leathery-skinned guy that wears a ridiculously black wig. Apart from Thermae and Grace, he's often to be seen eating in Foodland with companions at the end of the night.

I'm rather pleased that no-one's described a seedy character that I could recognise to be me yet.

But has anyone seen the guy who hangs out at woodstock every friday night up in the booths that bares a striking resemblance to the lead singer from the 80s band "Frankie goes to Hollywood"? I think he may be a board member.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

That discription is sock on!He looks more like Holly Johnson than Holly Johnson does.

For a while I was worried you were going to mention me wink.gif

I've spent a lot of time in the bars (although, now quite sick of it).

Over the last year have seen all of the characters you mentioned -- including "Mullet Head" spotted by Sarasin. The closest to a conversation I've had with any of them is that I've played some pool with a friend of the "playboy-guy"...

The plastic chair "bar" in the corner of Sukhumvit Soi 13 is another place patronised by 'interesting' characters. Try it if you want to expand your list! wink.gif

Straycat

About a year ago i met an American former car salesman who looked about 60 in Soi 7 beer garden he had spent a looong time in The Dominican Republic. It was the middle of the day and he was going after everything in a skirt. He would say to the girls "hello, I haven't had you yet have I?". I wouldn't mind betting he would have a go at the old chook from Thermae given half a chance. I saw him again 6 months later sitting on one of those little chairs at a street stall and when I asked him if he had gone home yet, he said "hell no...here I can have 3 girls a day, not that i do but I can if I wanted too". He was a nice enough old chap and always keen to have a beer with anyone, just like someones grandad.

You sure meet odd people in that neighbourhood.

Regarding your bet.

[color:red]I wouldn't mind betting he would have a go at the old chook from Thermae given half a chance.color=red>

I'm afraid you'd lose your money. According to the old lady herself she goes with customers once in a while...hard to believe, I know...but that's at least what she has told me....

Straycat

Here are two you would not forget if you had seen them.

A fellow I see in S. Pattaya because I happen to live there, accidentally in the heart of gay town. This fellow is a stunner! Bleached platinum blond hair, not quite shoulder length; earring; perfect body; beautiful face. I have never seen him in women's clothes, but he must wear them sometimes. Maybe only in Europe. I have never seen him with a Thai "friend" which rather surprises me. He acts 100% normal, but looks like a lovely, flat-chested lady in slightly effeminate men's clothes. I never see him at night because we don't go to the same places.

And then there's Tim! He looks a character from a gothic horror story. Or Count Dracula's assistant. Or the world's oldest hippie who has been in Thailand FAR TOO LONG and let himself go. Almost 60; long , stringy brown hair; ugly as sin; wears shorts; has a large support bandage on one leg; walks with a cane. The first several times I saw him, I thought "PLEASE. Someone put him out of my misery!" But I have talked to him a few times and I wouldn't say he is "normal" but he is a nice enough guy. Wouldnt you know it, I like him! Just bizarre looking.

Archived